The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 14:26:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Anybody interested in cruising their VW's up to see Christmas Lights in Pasadena
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anybody interested in cruising their VW's up to see Christmas Lights in Pasadena  (Read 17142 times)
sheep

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 17:30:53 pm »

shucks guys, looks like my alternate dates are X-d out. I will have to miss it. My only freebie is Sun night.  Undecided

Typical Ratto: Makes plans and then bales, I see nothing has changed Grin

unless it has wheels,tits or fins I dont care
Dave Galassi

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 17:55:24 pm »

Uncle Jim,
What's on the 21st or 22nd?  I could write a note and get you out of it.  I have pull.

You've gotta be there. 

Sarge, traffic wouldn't be too bad, and I would make sure that dinner was worth it..................and the tour. 
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 18:04:04 pm »

shucks guys, looks like my alternate dates are X-d out. I will have to miss it. My only freebie is Sun night.  Undecided

Typical Ratto: Makes plans and then bales, I see nothing has changed Grin

Sheep is right..........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007, 18:05:35 pm »

I'm open the 21st or 22nd...Sunday is out for me.  I told Mauro the 21st as I had commitments for the 22nd, but those plans got moved to another date, so Saturday is now open.  I will say Friday could be hell with traffic...

I'm in for Saturday ...............Sarge is right, traffic will be hell on Friday!!!

Der Kleiner Panzers
Dave Galassi

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 18:13:07 pm »

O.K. then.  Uncle Jim, have Mary Ann call me.

Carlos, would DIG it if you can make it. Worth the trip.  Let's lock in Ratto first, then I'll call and try to make arrangements for a tour of The Bundy place..........

Any other takers? 
Dave
Jim Ratto

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 18:29:05 pm »

Carlos, would DIG it if you can make it. Worth the trip.  Let's lock in Ratto first, then I'll call and try to make arrangements for a tour of The Bundy place..........

Any other takers? 
Dave

well Dave, it isn't so much Mary Ann.... Grin..
it's the OTHER Mrs. Ratto....my MOM.  Shocked

My family from up north are coming into town and we're doing Christmas Saturday night, since they have to go home Sunday.  Undecided
Dave Galassi

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2007, 18:42:35 pm »

NUFF SAID.

Friday?
sheep

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 19:40:47 pm »

Any other takers? 
Dave

well Dave, it isn't so much Mary Ann.... Grin..
it's the OTHER Mrs. Ratto....my MOM.  Shocked

My family from up north are coming into town and we're doing Christmas Saturday night, since they have to go home Sunday.  Undecided

Nut up Ratto, cmom Im sooooo dissapointed, maybe you should start racing on the powder puff class

Jim Ratto

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 21:58:55 pm »

If you all are headed to Pasadena, make sure to bring Uncle Drunky Jason with you, and drop him off at Lancome counter in Macy's on Colorado Blvd....he missed out on his makeover last time he was down.

Jason, remember, Oakland is a 45 min trip west on the 210 freeway,
Dave Galassi

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 22:06:01 pm »

To all interested parties, I just got off the phone with a friend at The Bundy House and he said to give him a date and time and he would be able to give us a tour.  Uncle Jim, Xmas needs to be rescheduled.........or we do the 21st?  Trust me on this one guys, you will not forget the trip.

sheep

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 22:14:21 pm »

To all interested parties, I just got off the phone with a friend at The Bundy House and he said to give him a date and time and he would be able to give us a tour.  Uncle Jim, Xmas needs to be rescheduled.........or we do the 21st?  Trust me on this one guys, you will not forget the trip.

Why are you guys so interested in seeing Ted Bundys house, Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Sarge

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 22:47:33 pm »

Why are you guys so interested in seeing Ted Bundys house, Kinda creepy if you ask me.
[/quote]

That's Al Bundy's house, knucklehead....SHEEESHH  Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Dave Galassi

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 01:20:28 am »

To set the record straight (might be a new term for a few of you), the house was built by the Bundy family, who have not only a street named after them here in Los Angeles, but also started the Sampson Tire Company, who's factory was what is now known as the Citadel Shopping Center, located off the 5 freeway in Los Angeles.  As amazing as the house (many shows and films shot there) and car collections are, it's the third story former ballroom that is the centerpiece, now housing one of the largest train layouts anywhere and a collection of antique toy and automobilia that is amazing.   
sheep

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 04:48:59 am »

To set the record straight (might be a new term for a few of you), the house was built by the Bundy family, who have not only a street named after them here in Los Angeles, but also started the Sampson Tire Company, who's factory was what is now known as the Citadel Shopping Center, located off the 5 freeway in Los Angeles.  As amazing as the house (many shows and films shot there) and car collections are, it's the third story former ballroom that is the centerpiece, now housing one of the largest train layouts anywhere and a collection of antique toy and automobilia that is amazing.   

Uhm is there any chance we could still see Al Bundys house Huh Huh Huh

Dave Galassi

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2007, 14:32:47 pm »

Who's in for Friday?  Don't worry about the traffic, whenever people show up, we can then head out.  Let me know please, so I can get a number of attendees. 
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2007, 15:29:21 pm »

Friday's out for me , we have stuff going on in the neighborhood.  Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Dave Galassi

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 18:56:00 pm »

Saturday?  Sounds like that would work better for some people.  Let me know.  If not, we can do it after Xmas as well, as the light shows continue and Bob's place can be worked out.

Dave
Dave Galassi

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2007, 19:31:53 pm »

Looks like we are off for this weekend.  If you guys are interested, the lights will still be on next week and Bob (the owner of the previously mentioned house) stated he would be glad to have us over and would pull out some of his old VW stuff..................in addition to everything else he has to see. 

We could make an afternoon of the tour to Bob's, see some other traditional car haunts, catch some eats and then hit the lights.  I am happy to put it together, but there has to be some real interest.  Let's hear from those interested in it.  If not, that is fine too, but I really do think this would be a great tour.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2007, 20:31:32 pm »

Looks like we are off for this weekend.  If you guys are interested, the lights will still be on next week and Bob (the owner of the previously mentioned house) stated he would be glad to have us over and would pull out some of his old VW stuff..................in addition to everything else he has to see. 

We could make an afternoon of the tour to Bob's, see some other traditional car haunts, catch some eats and then hit the lights.  I am happy to put it together, but there has to be some real interest.  Let's hear from those interested in it.  If not, that is fine too, but I really do think this would be a great tour.

I think this whole outing would be a BLAST. How about the Saturday after Christmas? (Dec 29).  I'm sorry I can't come thru this weekend. I agree, make an afternoon trip to see model trains, go get some grub and then run up the hill to see the lights and so on. Guys??
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2007, 20:37:24 pm »

I think this whole outing would be a BLAST. How about the Saturday after Christmas? (Dec 29).  I'm sorry I can't come thru this weekend. I agree, make an afternoon trip to see model trains, go get some grub and then run up the hill to see the lights and so on. Guys??

I'm in.......... but.... first I need to wipe down my car !!!  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Jim Ratto

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2007, 20:50:53 pm »

I'm in.......... but.... first I need to wipe down my car !!!  Grin

right. We can't line up the cars and look at them shine, if we don't wipe them down first. Thanks for the reminder.
Dave Galassi

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 21:49:51 pm »

Great.  Let's give some of the others a chance to respond (Sarge, Bill, Rayburn, Wiess, Larry Rick, Russ Welch, and ANYONE else).  BRING YOUR CAMERA!

1.  Meet at the Galassi abode and tour the Judson/Crank home next door (2nd oldest in Pasadena- in many a movie (Catch Me if you Can, Scream 2, LIFE, Methilda, etc.)  Sometime in the afternoon.

2.  Head to the former Bundy residence for a grand tour.  Late afternoon. 

3.  Drive to dinner, passing such memorable locales as the former Competition Engineering building and Blair's Speed Shop.

4.  Tour the lights at the Balian House, Christmas Tree Lane, Hastings Ranch and St. Albans Road.

5.  Coffee, Hot Chocolate, etc. at my place.

I will also see if I can get us into the Dupey Mansion as well. 

Thoughts?

I think any day save for New Year or it's eve would be good.  I just need to make arrangements in advance.  The 29th?

Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 01:34:53 am »

I could do the 29th, barring any unforseeable circumstance... Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2007, 04:12:00 am »

I could probably also do the 29th. I'd sure love to see the train layout!

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Galassi

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2007, 15:03:29 pm »

Great!  I am going to make arrangements to tour these houses on the 29th in the afternoon.  Here is a link to an article on one of them.  Looking forward to it! 

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-126802048.html

Dave Galassi

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2007, 23:30:41 pm »

I just PM'd a bunch of you with information.  For anyone else, the date for the cruise will be Dec. 29 in the afternoon.  Please PM me or email for more information.  Thanks.

Anyone able to get a hold of Brinton?  Just wanted to pass on the invite. 

Dean, if you see this, this is where you found the radiator.  Bob says he is going to pull out some old VW stuff................not to mention the latest addition to his fleet.........It's not too far from Vista!

The more the merrier.  Let me know guys (and gals).

Stephan S

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2007, 06:28:53 am »

I will do my best to be there, but too early to promise...
By the way, thanks for the PM Dave!
Steph

Der Kleiner Panzers
Dave Galassi

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 16:24:41 pm »

Date:  12/29/07

Time:  1:00 p.m.

Where:  My place  (call for directions and RSVP - (626) 390-3492

House Tour, eats, light tour.

Jim Ratto

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2007, 18:08:46 pm »

well..............how did it go guys? Man I wish I would have gone (instead of watching teenagers play Guitar Hero for 5 hours non stop)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2007, 06:16:57 am »

well..............how did it go guys? Man I wish I would have gone (instead of watching teenagers play Guitar Hero for 5 hours non stop)

You probably had a better time than I did. I've been down with the flu since Friday.

So lets have a report!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: