The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 20:43:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350741 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  What is Happening to the Lounge??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What is Happening to the Lounge??  (Read 15268 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« on: January 31, 2008, 17:33:07 pm »

What is Happening to the Lounge?? It seems like lately there has been tons more unrelated Post's and Threads that Have Nothing to Do With VW's In General or CAL LOOK'S  Let's Keep The Cal Look Forum True to The Cal Look (VW History,Performance,In Da Werks, For Sale and Wanted) Who Cares who passed the Sauage? to who Gay Crap,Cartoons and Rainbows..  We are getting more and more new Old Timers coming in to the Lounge with all the Non Related VW stuff posted do you think they will want to come back??   sometimes the posts remind me of a Teenage Chat Room.. just my 2 cents  cuz I spent the Rest Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 17:42:00 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 18:14:50 pm »

This is the Lounge, where all us cal look guys and gals talk about all kinds of things. Cal look, what was, whats gonna be, and what we've done. We're all (for the most part) vw people and some of the newer people (old cal lookers) obviously have something to say about the past and it might not directly relate to a car but generally relates to us.

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 18:19:54 pm »

it just needs more moderating now there are more people on here and to take more care when posting to make sure it's in the right section Smiley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 18:34:28 pm »

glenn's right,and maybe thing's could be getting out of hand but If we are relivin some old vw stuff,how about relivin a little teenage screwing around. where'nt we kid's at a time. If I affended anybody I'm sorry,I was told about this sight a couple weeks ago and i'm haveing fun on it. In some cases family reunion. Like I said before,This not the first time I've said sorry
'

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 18:35:26 pm »

Just report the bullshit to the moderators!
It`s not easy to follow all the treads, they need all the help they can get Wink

Keep the lounge clean!

Regards
Berger

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 19:41:01 pm »

This is the Lounge, where all us cal look guys and gals talk about all kinds of things. Cal look, what was, whats gonna be, and what we've done. We're all (for the most part) vw people and some of the newer people (old cal lookers) obviously have something to say about the past and it might not directly relate to a car but generally relates to us.

Thats fine,but unrelated chat is what off topic is for

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 20:40:41 pm »

Ok lets keep this friendly guys BUT I do have to agree with a few of the other guys - when I click the "Show new replies to your posts" link the only one that EVER has any replies in the "What are you drinking?" and this is getting alittle boring - Just my 2 cent  Wink Smiley

Like Shubee said we have ALOT of "old timmers" on here now (sorry guys  Wink Smiley) and I don't think they are really interested in what a bunch of europeans are having for dinner  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Lets hear some Cool stories from Back In The Day and Lets stop all this Non Cal Look waffle  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
richie

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 20:49:45 pm »

What is Happening to the Lounge?? It seems like lately there has been tons more unrelated Post's and Threads that Have Nothing to Do With VW's In General or CAL LOOK'S  Let's Keep The Cal Look Forum True to The Cal Look (VW History,Performance,In Da Werks, For Sale and Wanted) Who Cares who passed the Sauage? to who Gay Crap,Cartoons and Rainbows..  We are getting more and more new Old Timers coming in to the Lounge with all the Non Related VW stuff posted do you think they will want to come back??   sometimes the posts remind me of a Teenage Chat Room.. just my 2 cents  cuz I spent the Rest Grin

maybe for the first time ever i agree with you,its like when someone posts in the wanted section and idiots reply with I have got that,look at me,me,me 'oh but i dont want to sell it"  WTF Huh??

richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
wolfswest

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 20:58:38 pm »

I'll have to agree with Lee.  The last weeks I feel that I've seen the lounge in 5 minutes a day, Months ago I could spending my whole evening with reading new and interesting posts, but I guess that "new topics" are hard to find after a while.  It is impossible to start everyday interesting topics after a while...  Unfortunatly...  Embarrassed
So I guess it's normal that you get more b*llsh*t posts if a forum exists a long time...
And I admit that I made a gay-joke in another topic...   Embarrassed   Cheesy
But it was and still is a very good enjoyable forum!!!!   Hope to keep it this way for a long time...

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 21:00:18 pm »

Both me, Trond and JHU is trying our best to keep the nice wibe we have in here but we don`t stand a chance if you don`t help us. PLEASE REPORT ALL POSTS YOU FEEL IS BS

Thanks for bringing this up Shubee2!

BB
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 21:13:03 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 21:51:59 pm »

I thought it was just me. lets all shake hands and get back to the plot. The lounge it a special and unique place it would be a shame if we lost the vibe the lounge created over the last 18 months.

viva the lounge           viva Cal Look

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Lee.C

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 21:56:44 pm »

I thought it was just me. lets all shake hands and get back to the plot. The lounge it a special and unique place it would be a shame if we lost the vibe the lounge created over the last 18 months.

viva the lounge           viva Cal Look

Amen brother  Cheesy  Wink Smiley

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 22:14:50 pm »

Both me, Trond and JHU is trying our best to keep the nice wibe we have in here but we don`t stand a chance if you don`t help us. PLEASE REPORT ALL POSTS YOU FEEL IS BS

Thanks for bringing this up Shubee2!

BB
I Think We should all be Thankfull that BeetleBug,Trond and JHU Do a Great Job with the Lounge and I for one do not want to see it go down hill,  I would like to say Thanks for Keeping the Lounge alive and Lets All Leave the B.S. where it Belongs instead of posting it where it dose not Belong.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:03:16 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Lee.C

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 22:17:00 pm »

Again Amen brother  Cheesy Wink Smiley

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 15:06:34 pm »

A lot of the posts lately seem to be going off track again?

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 15:24:05 pm »

I think it comes and goes depending on the mood of the lounge. Not much VW stuff going on right now with most places still having winter weather. Plus there is only so many times you can discuss this car or that segment of cal-look. Things will pick up as the show season really kicks off and the Classic and EBI get closer.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 15:57:54 pm »

I blame it on people who have nothing to do, like me.  But to be fair, i normally can't be bothered to post if its off topic.

I was also wondering if we need a tech forum?

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 16:41:48 pm »

I was also wondering if we need a tech forum?

Nah, I don't think so. Too many forums and it will just spread out the few posts we have.

--louis

Louis Brooks

Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 17:40:34 pm »

Gotta agree, seems to be more going on in the off topic section than in all the others. Wrong trend IMHO.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 17:54:12 pm »

I think that this is caused by 2 things. One this is pretty much the off season so there is not as much VW activity. Second, The Lounge community is maturing... we're getting to know each other better so we're being more social and talking about other things.

Just my $0.02

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
LuftsickTero

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 18:29:01 pm »

My thoughts exactly.

Like 6 months ago I didn't even know how big DKK had been in 80's. Old DKK members have posted some really unbelievable cool stuff, like Lemonade's Sedan which has to be one of the coolest cars I've seen. Or Ed Graig's photos from early 70's. I would really hate all that being buried under the bullshit having nothing to do with air cooled Volkswagens.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
ApeLatex
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 18:36:49 pm »

I'd really like to have some of the cars that you guys do....not sure if that limits what I can post about and what I can't.
I'm just having a good time. If it's not cool I'll leave and come back when I have something relevant to post.

Ratto- gimme the link to the Manson family website. I'll be they have some good off topic.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 18:42:13 pm »

Ratto- gimme the link to the Manson family website. I'll be they have some good off topic.

How would you know it's off-topic??  Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 18:47:34 pm »

How would you know it's off-topic??  Grin

So in an off topic forum, what is on topic?

--louis

Louis Brooks

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 21:29:04 pm »

Why dont you guys stop beating around the bush and just say it?!

You hate McLovin!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 21:40:38 pm »

Why dont you guys stop beating around the bush and just say it?!

You hate McLovin!

haha. thats funny...

we do have the tyre kicking / off topic section for a reason.. It is to get all the bullshit that people wanna talk about away from the more looker related sections....
That said, there is a difference between using and abusing the offtopic section. I'm sure everyone agrees It would be sad if the offtopic section ends up beeing the only place for active threads... I'm sure off season plays a part in it, and mcLovin as well ( :-) ) NO Offence...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 22:17:24 pm »

We get a bi-sexual girl that's into cars and racing  and you guys run and tell the teacher !
What's up with that ?
Show some love, or are you not into girls ?
 Huh
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 22:25:50 pm by Richard Roth » Logged
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 22:34:30 pm »

They all drive beetles so it could be that you hit the nail on the head    Kiss

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 23:07:47 pm »

didn't we say to just forget about this topic and just use the off topic when is not cal-look related??

who brought it back???

Der Kleiner Panzers
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 23:35:06 pm »

We get a bi-sexual girl that's into cars and racing  and you guys run and tell the teacher !
What's up with that ?
 Huh
I would show it, I like mcLovin.. but I'm married ;-)
hehe

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: