The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:20:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  how can i fix a broken glass in a vdo tacho?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how can i fix a broken glass in a vdo tacho?  (Read 2658 times)
wolfswest

« on: October 08, 2008, 10:08:26 am »

Hi guys,

I have a cracked glass in one of my vdo gauges.  I hope I can replace the glass separately.  I loosened the screws on the back of the gauge and now the inner part of the gauge is loose but I can’t open the gauge.  How do I remove the glass?  Hope some of you can give me a hint.

Thx,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:16:11 am »

Dem, most bezels of most gauges can be removed by using a very thin bladed screwdriver to pry with. Flip the gauge face down, and you'll see where the bezel is formed over the gauge barrel. Gently start prying up where the bezel folds over go all the way around, gently, and it will come apart. Take the glass to a glass shop , and they'll cut you a new one. Just remember to be patient and gentle when prying. When I reassemble, I like to use a wood dowel to press down the back of the bezel, once it has been reassembled. Remember to clean the inside of the glass before you seal it back up.

I also park at Nick's.
wolfswest

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:33:40 am »

John,

yep, I tried it yesterday evening and it worked.  the glass is removed and the tacho is ready for some new shiny glass...

another question.  In the middle of the glass is the screw to adjust the "shift at the right time needle"  hope you guys understand me.  How can I remove this?  I tried pulling it apart but I'm a bit afraid to wreck it...

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: