The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 17:05:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350737 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Influenced by Arty Farty Craftsmen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Influenced by Arty Farty Craftsmen  (Read 14707 times)
Sarge

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 20:49:34 pm »

Gotta find a spot on a wall for this one...
Funny how Pascal Meslet used a Ghia to create his "Hirohata" VW leadslead (see above), while Redhot chose a Type 3!

Now THAT'S  Cool Cool Cool Cool!!  The Hirohata Merc was one of the coolest led-sleds around back in the day.  A pic of a current day remake of the original...sorry, I can't help myself  Roll Eyes Grin!

DKP III
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 20:54:59 pm »

Gotta find a spot on a wall for this one...
Funny how Pascal Meslet used a Ghia to create his "Hirohata" VW leadslead (see above), while Redhot chose a Type 3!

Now THAT'S  Cool Cool Cool Cool!!  The Hirohata Merc was one of the coolest led-sleds around back in the day.  A pic of a current day remake of the original...sorry, I can't help myself  Roll Eyes Grin!

the restored original Hirohata merc can be seen in the NHRA museum

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 23:37:01 pm »

We've had paintings and drawings. How about some photographs and movies. I have two links for you, neither is VW related. If you have some, bring it on !!!

First link is http://www.marcolaguna.be Have a look at the movies, doesn't "Nitro Nicky" make you think of "Death Proof" by Tarantino? Or the other way around maybe. Driven by the buzz I got when hearing the opening track of "Pulp Fiction" I was hooked to Surf music for life. Fifty Foot Combo was a Ghent Surfband I followed around to every gig. So I went to the Botanique in Brussels where they had to play after the screening of one of Mark K.R. Lagoons movies. All I remember is that the movie was about hot sex and engine overhauling or overhauling hot sexy engines. Superb evening out.

The other link is to http://www.davidperrystudio.com/photo.htm This one I got to know from the cover of Gearhead, some sort of fanzine, great reading, often a 7" record included. That particular issue carried a single by Man or Astroman, if I'm correct also with a picture of Perry as cover. It might just be the lucky combination of salt lake and lakes car, but the atmosphere in his pictures is extra-terrestrial, no doubt hence the pick for the Man or Astroman issue. Bought a book with pictures from a road trip into Mexico, very nice print, very nice paper resulting in one great asset to my library.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 23:42:33 pm by Dr. Jeckill » Logged

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Stephan S

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 03:01:21 am »

We've had paintings and drawings. How about some photographs and movies. I have two links for you, neither is VW related. If you have some, bring it on !!!

One of my favorite photographers remains Dingo. He used to freelance for the French Super VW Mag back in the '80s and now does fashion photography. He is a true artist with an incredible talent. Check out these pictures! Funny stuff, too!

In 1991, he published a book titled "Dix ans de tole" ("ten years or metal" or "ten years of prison", depending on how you translate it), which I had years ago but lost. My wife Tania got me a copy for Christmas, 2-3 years ago. I was ecstatic!

His work is truly inspirational. But one of the magazine Editors told me that he was sometime difficult to work with... More than once, he simply forgot to take some key pictures for car features, such as a pic of the interior or the back of the car.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:07:31 am by Stephan S » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers
Stephan S

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 03:04:44 am »

Some VW pics...

Der Kleiner Panzers
Stephan S

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 03:06:24 am »

... and just a nice picture...
That's the Renault Etoile Filante, which broke some records at Bonneville back in 1956 I think.

Der Kleiner Panzers
Stephan S

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:11 am »

I'm also a big fan of Steve Coonan's photography. He's the Editor of The Rodder's Journal, too.

Der Kleiner Panzers
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: