The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 20:22:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  It's my lucky day!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's my lucky day!!!!!!!!  (Read 1824 times)
Roman

« on: May 16, 2007, 20:26:19 pm »

Today my new tranny came to Arlanda airport in Stockholm. One problem though: Arlanda is 400km from me and I woud like to have it before the weekend. Here in sweden we have a long weekend and most people don't work thursday-friday, so if I  should recieve it before monday it had to be today. I made some phone calls and found out that a truck driver I know was passing by Arlanda Airport and could pick it up for free and it will be delivered tonight!!!

I just finished that phone call when a friend of mine had found an ad with a dual port engine and tranny for free, just some kilometers from me. I called immediately and he told me it was already gone, another guy had already taken it, and was on his way picking it up. Oh well, you can't have luck all the time I thought.

I went to my office and started working for like 5 minutes when I got a call from the goods arrival and they told me that my 4" engine case from JPM had arrived! I went to take a look at it and it all looked great!

Half an hour went and then I got a phone call from the guy with the free engine. He said the other guy hadn't showed up and he would like to get rid of it otherwise he would throw it away. I said: I will be there in an hour. When I arrived I was stunned! The engine was a clean VW FACTORY exchange 1600 engine! I pulled the dipstick and the oil was yellow like butter and accoding to the condition it can't be driven more than a couple of thousand kilometers. The tranny was a clean 1971 and later 4.125 dual sidecover IRS tranny. The best one you can find in Sweden since all the 3.88 trannys were Single side covers, not possible to convert to Swing axle.

I am going to buy some lottery tickets when I go to my girlfriend tonigt!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 20:36:01 pm by Roman » Logged
Lee

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 20:30:16 pm »

Always nice to hear peoples good fortune.

If you win the lottery don't forget us  Grin

Cheers
Lee
Oldschool

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 20:31:03 pm »

Some are lucky, others aren't !!!  Cheesy

Nice one for you anyway, enjoy your evening with lady and hope you'll win the lottery  Grin

Regards

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: