The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 22:36:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  travelling parts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: travelling parts  (Read 2650 times)

« on: September 04, 2009, 10:38:34 am »

Do you have any stories about parts that are "floating" around you for many years? Carbs, cranks? With my friends we always sit on the meetings and we remember how I sold my old Kadron engine to a friend, he stripped it down, cars went to Netherland on some guys convertible, all nicely powdercoated doghouse engine tin went to our friends bug, merged exhaust changed several owners without being even bolted on any engine, longblock now lives in some other guy´s daily drver etc. I realise that you guys will have some nice and interesting stories..
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 14:09:49 pm »

I have a complete engine floating around haha.

Sold my bug in april and am looking for anotherone as otherthings have a preference now.
But i'll be back Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 15:25:59 pm »

I think our club shares parts more than most! Donge's old IDA's became mine, and have now been sold on to another club member (Steve Milward), I have just bought the Douglas wheels off Rob in our club, who bought them off Paul B., Lisa Donlon's bus runs John Walklett's old 2276 motor, Kev Donlon drives Paul B's old streetcar only now fitted with the turbo engine out of his brown 70 deluxe bus, a bus which I imported from Oz years back and sold on to him, Chris Lovatt ended up with a set of NOS centerlines this year which turned out to be a set I part traded years (and years!) ago for my old DDS pie pans (why, oh why did I do that?), Peach has my old Speedshop stainless exhaust system. Too many to mention really..... Paul B. used to have a sweet Empi collection some of which has done the rounds....

Basically, once a part enters the 'Staffordshire Performance Triangle' it never leaves, just being handed around from one club member to the next! Nice thing is, we always help each other out with prices on parts... It can be really cost effective to build a car when you're a Rennwagens member!

Sam K

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 00:47:35 am »

I had an old S&S four tip Rallye exhaust that I bought in 1995 or so and had on a couple engines in my '67. I gave it to a friend who put it on an engine that I helped him build for his '67 (which he also got from me) in 2005. In 2007 I bought the engine out his '67 for the Acapulco Thing that I built for my wife. I ran it on the Thing for a few months but it was too loud so I gave it to my little brother and now it's on his '69 beetle.
peach_

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 01:23:35 am »

I think our club shares parts more than most! Donge's old IDA's became mine, and have now been sold on to another club member (Steve Milward), I have just bought the Douglas wheels off Rob in our club, who bought them off Paul B., Lisa Donlon's bus runs John Walklett's old 2276 motor, Kev Donlon drives Paul B's old streetcar only now fitted with the turbo engine out of his brown 70 deluxe bus, a bus which I imported from Oz years back and sold on to him, Chris Lovatt ended up with a set of NOS centerlines this year which turned out to be a set I part traded years (and years!) ago for my old DDS pie pans (why, oh why did I do that?), Peach has my old Speedshop stainless exhaust system. Too many to mention really..... Paul B. used to have a sweet Empi collection some of which has done the rounds....

Basically, once a part enters the 'Staffordshire Performance Triangle' it never leaves, just being handed around from one club member to the next! Nice thing is, we always help each other out with prices on parts... It can be really cost effective to build a car when you're a Rennwagens member!

You forgot i also have Paul Dipple (another member of the Renn-wagens!) old 66 bug!, which i then ran Mike Rileys old 36 dells on with an old engine fitted by you and lee many years ago!

Renn-wagens = Best Uk cal-look club ever! Grin Wink

We have Beach partys at pubs that are at least 3hours away from the Sea! lol Cheesy

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: