TAR BABE, THE BUILD

(1/21) > >>

johnl:
In my slide collection I've found some very early photos of Tar-Babe.  Some of these shots were taken at F&A on Howell St. in Anaheim.  The one thing I'm puzzled about it the bottom of the front nose as I remember it being more flat but possibly this was done a bit later prior to paint at Becker's.  If you look at the rear shots you can see how flat or horizontal to the ground the body is compared to a standard VW exhaust panel.

I've been saving these to share for the appropriate time and now with Russell's post http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,17345.0.html I feel it appropriate.

First shot is the car in F&A original shop with unknown car to the left.

johnl:
A shot of the car's rear.  Note the flat exhaust panel.

johnl:
The engine, don't recall the size and I remember it having a "Mag" in later configuration.

johnl:
A three quarter passenger shot with the door not attached.  At this point the car was still pretty basic.  Unknown bus in the background.

johnl:
The final shot of this series.  I believe this was taken at OCIR.  To the left with the Army hat is Rick Winter.  On the far right is Mike Mahaffey and possibly Mark Thurber next to him.  Unknown person at the rear of the car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page