Dutch scene?

(1/75) > >>

LuftsickTero:
How is the Volkswagen scene in Netherlands? I have been to VW Euro in 2000, seen some event pictures like Budel, visited Ploon's side for many years etc, but otherwise I have no idea how things are in real..

Are there good shops? Engine builders? Meetings?

Could some of you guys registered in here shed some light?

Diederick/DVK:
How come the interest in the dutch scene  ;)  there's only a few of us on here, JeePee;

Jordy, still building his cal-look 67 (model 68), and Dokke (DFL) when he was on TV with a few other resto-cals and german-lookers on the background to get an idea of the scene here;

and i guess two or three that don't post that often and probably a few i don't know.

I try making it to Budel every year, it's big but the thing that bothers me is that there are lots and lots of standard VWs driving around. And i'm not that much into that. Cal-look scene on the Budel show are mostly German and Belgian cars. Only a few dutch ones. Resto-cal is a lot bigger here.

We have a few shops selling parts for, in my humble opinion, ridiculous prices. That's why i'll be ordering most of my parts for my engine project from the US. And again, German look and T4 engines are more popular to build for them.

I know that JeePee has had his engine built professionally and as far as I've read he's very satisfied with the result. Then this other guy that went to DDD3 and DD4 that you described as Resto-cal - yes he used to run towel rails, but he even raised the rear and runs smart tyres to get max nose down stance:

had his 2110 professionally built, don't know where, but it looks and sounds phenomenal!

Then, there are no cal-look meetings yet, that will need to change  ;D  And meetings i attend are either the big events or so-called aircooled cruise nights and all of the guys i know there are into slamming and narrowing, nice rides though, but when i bought my 67 it was slammed and i drives like shit with all the speed bumps in holland.
Well, this probably also the reason why Dokke has joined a German club, and the others have no club. Perhaps we need to get in touch with the Belgians and join their clubs  ;)  i wouldn't mind they have some nice rides. Just let us know if you're up for that  ;)

So, i suppose the general conclusion here is that we are undervalued  ;D perhaps some of the other dutchies can leave a comment as well. But feel free to ask or say if i missed anything.

Diederick/DVK:
the unattractiveness of this thread resembles the solitude and loneliness of a devotee in the dutch cal-look scene  :'(

;)

ESH:
Quote from: 67-indeed on December 14, 2006, 12:02:21 pm

...all of the guys i know there are into slamming and narrowing...

Obviously trying to make them ride like a more familiar form of transport, the bicycle, only with crap steering, and without the stability. :P

Quote from: 67-indeed on December 14, 2006, 16:26:46 pm

...the unattractiveness of this thread resembles the solitude and loneliness of a devotee in the dutch cal-look scene...

Sounds desperate!  :o  ;D

LuftsickTero:
Quote from: Mat Sanchez on December 14, 2006, 16:43:58 pm

Quote from: 67-indeed on December 14, 2006, 12:02:21 pm

...all of the guys i know there are into slamming and narrowing...

Obviously trying to make them ride like a more familiar form of transport, the bicycle, only with crap steering, and without the stability. :P

Hey Mat, when it comes to narrow beams you Brits are way ahead of rest of the world.. It doesn't get any narrower than this one :P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page