The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 17:26:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350700 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Innovate to talk to a DTA ecu - direction needed please
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Innovate to talk to a DTA ecu - direction needed please  (Read 2385 times)
Black_65

Life's too short, so drop a bomb on it....

« on: October 23, 2014, 13:42:12 pm »

Hi guy's,

Looking for some advice on this 'data logger' issue I'm having.

I've bought a innovate LM-2 for my beetle next rear as I'm moving to a new motor with efi thanks to a good friend 😃.

So I bought the one with the OBD2/CAN interface cable miss understanding that I needed it to plug/work with canbus output on the DTA S40 ecu.

I've contacted innovate and DTA on there advice to see if there's any CANBUS converter or something out there to get them to work together as I must not be the only one in the world who wants to do this or have done this lol.

I know the LM-2 comes with a 6 outputs on a analog cable to hard wire to the senders I want to log but the whole idea was to plug it into the ecu and read for that!

Any advice on this will be great, if not then I'll cut my losses and just log what I need. It's just a real shame as innovate say that the LM-2 would plug into a OBD2 port and log everything. That's not bad but off kit for something that costs £400+.

Clarke

'Never Forgotten' O/FF 456 10.49 @ 125.5 MPH

A tribute car to the fallen - raising money for 'support our paras' charity.
https://www.facebook.com/Calibre65RaceTeam/
Frallan

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 14:42:19 pm »

Hello Black_65

I do not have the direct answer but I do have a very good support Forum for DTA products to share.

http://www.dtaforum.com/index.php

You can probably find the answer by doing a bit of search. If not, place you question there and you will likely get help.
Good luck!

Frallan

Airspeed

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:07 am »

Hey Clarke,

I'am not entirely familiar with the LM2 as I've only had an LM1 en now use the LC-1 from Innovate, but I do use a DTA ecu (albeit the S60).

The DTA S40 model does not have the logging option (only the S60 and up does), so I assume you are trying to have all the logging done by the LM2's memory, so you want the S40 to feed the LM2 with its data, right?.

An interesting idea to be able to use the cheaper S40 and still log. Let us know when you find the solution!
Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Andy Sykes

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Hi Clarke

http://www.race-technology.com/interfaces_2_7533.html

bottom of the page the do all sort of Modbus gateways as they may be able to programme on for you as they can do OBDII and DTA S40, I have some of there kit and they are very helpful on the phone, I have a DTA to Racetech Modbus gateway but ive changed to motech and all they need me to do is send the Gateway to them and they will re-flash it job done.

cheers andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
Stripped66

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 15:55:42 pm »

Hi Clarke

http://www.race-technology.com/interfaces_2_7533.html

bottom of the page the do all sort of Modbus gateways as they may be able to programme on for you as they can do OBDII and DTA S40, I have some of there kit and they are very helpful on the phone, I have a DTA to Racetech Modbus gateway but ive changed to motech and all they need me to do is send the Gateway to them and they will re-flash it job done.

cheers andy

Race Technology doesn't appear too interested in configuring a gateway for a 3rd-party datalogger.

Clarke is certainly not the first person to run into this issue. Most end-users do not realize CANbus is just a network standard, and does not specify the structure of the datastream. I wish manufacturers would state upfront, "Our CANBUS data format is proprietary"; then customers might not purchase incompatible equipment thinking CANbus is some standard data format.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: