The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 17:46:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350726 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Things to do in Denver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things to do in Denver  (Read 5091 times)
OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:36 am »

Join us Sunday July 29Th 2012, for the Colorado Bug-in.

Held at the world class Bandimere Speedway in Morrison Colorado. (suburb of Denver) http://www.bandimere.com/events/event_detail.php?eventID=354

The main sponsor "Nu-Vintage" is under new management, and is dedicated to making this show the best in the mountain states region.

I'm pleased to announce that DYNO DON will be the MC this year, and we are very excited about having him at our event.

Also new this year, Denver will be the 3rd stop of the Mountain States Racing Association's drag racing series, Brainchild of Eric Madson former PRA Pro-mod champ.
Round 1 was just held in Salt lake City and was a great success, round 2 is coming up in Albuquerque NM, on June 2 2012

Stay tuned to this thread, as we will updating it on a regular basis.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 20:21:37 pm by OgCalLook » Logged

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Zach Gomulka: "California Look is walking softly and carrying a big fucking stick."
Cyclemut

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 04:41:47 am »

Can't wait for it! Wife even got the weekend off so she can enjoy it this year too.

Sam is doing everything he can to make this year great.
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:21:19 am »

I will be there with my daughter Shanna...now a resident of the area....with her 65 bug!

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 13:42:23 pm »

Right on Rick, Gonna by fun times. Look forward to meeting you.

Definitely stop by Painters Grinding Saturday if you can...

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Zach Gomulka: "California Look is walking softly and carrying a big fucking stick."
rick m

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:34 am »

I believe she has an appointment for me to bring in her 65 Friday morning to have the axle seals and gaskets replaced.  She has trans fluid coming out of the drum. If you are there on Friday, we can hook up.  Look forward to meeting you and hanging out.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 17:30:24 pm »

For those from the Denver area I need your help in seeking two long time friends of mine.  Jeff newton of "Modern Combat sports".. also known as "The Original Karate Kid" and former UFC combatant who gained Black belt status under Mr. Bob White.  Also... Dave Park ,Tattoo Guru and owner of "Ancient Arts Tattoo". I have tried all contact numbers with no luck.  Both these guys are awesome and would appreciate any contact on my behalf to come join me at the Denver Bug In. " Thank You" and will see you all soon,  Dyno Don       dynodonmc@aol.com      www.dynodon.net
OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:47:49 am »

I believe she has an appointment for me to bring in her 65 Friday morning to have the axle seals and gaskets replaced.  She has trans fluid coming out of the drum. If you are there on Friday, we can hook up.  Look forward to meeting you and hanging out.

Rick M

Hey good meeting you Rick and Shanna, the 65 is real sharp! Hope you guys had fun, enjoyed the Show and the Colorado sunshine.
Nice reminiscing about "Riverside"
Let us know next time your in town....

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:29 am »

Thanks Dyno, for coming out, everyone really enjoyed having you at our event.
Hope you had fun, and enjoyed a little bit of Colorado.

With you and the MSVWRA this year ( and I speak for everyone ) we had a blast!

We've got a few kinks to work out for next year, but would love to have back out again.

Take care Brother.....

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Fasteddie63

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:34:44 am »

I Want To Thank Dyno Don For Making The Trip To Denver,His Spirit And His Stories Are What Make This Community Enjoy What We Have,You Are A Inspiration And A Good Friend To The VW World,I Also Enjoyed Seeing Rick And Shanna Mortensen This Weekend,Rick Is True Pioneer And We Hope He Comes Back To Visit Soon,Shanna Mortensen Has A 65 Sedan That She Restored Herself,Body Work And Paint Done By Her,Beautiful Car Shanna
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:44 am »

Thanks Eddie for your enthusiasm as it was just what I needed. Nice to see a full Race program with approx.  75 car count and NO breakages...Whew..!! A well rounded program for sure and am glad you all allowed me the freedom to stroll about and spend time with the masses. Thanks to Tom Hewitson from Miramar Construction and Sam @ Nu Vintage for getting me to and from as well. Next year is being planned with some new options and considerations which will make the event even stronger. MSVWRA... you guys rocked the house..!!  Congrats to all that made this event what is was in spite of some unexpected misfortunes along the way and Thanks to the many for your kindness and hospitality in making my visit a good one. See you all next year..?  Dyno Don
rick m

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:10 am »

Hey Eddie...Shanna and I had a great time at Painter's. Thanks so much for the great hospitality and introducing us to all the gang....Keith, Ross, Shuan and Dayton. Had a really relaxing and fun time.  Was a blast taking Shanna for a ride in Keith's little pocket rocket turbo'ed tube chassis car!  She will probably never get in a car with me driving again! :-)  She kept screaming...."I CHOOSE LIFE" as we blasted down the street in front of Painters.  Tell everyone hi and I look forward to seeing everyone again next time I am up!  Say hi to Tom for me too...Was nice talking to someone who grew up in Riverside and was familiar with the area I grew up in too.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 20:25:24 pm »

Hey Folks, Time for the 2013 show run down....

Painter's Grinding Spring dub roast                           4/20/13

MSVWRA Albuquerque New Mexico  VW Rumble         5/4/13

19th annual VW's on the green                                 5/19/13

MSVWRA  Salt Lake City Utah      6/7 Race & 6/8/13 Cruise and Car show

Syndicate CC car show @ Evergreen lake                  7/14/13

Busses at the brewery                                             7/27/13

Colorado Bug-in                                                      7/28/13

MSVWRA Denver Bandimere                                     7/28/13

MSVWRA VW Mania Grand Junction CO.                     8/24/13

More details coming soon...

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: