The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:41:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350742 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Gene Berg mainfolds for my engine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gene Berg mainfolds for my engine  (Read 2248 times)
vintagewagenwerks

« on: July 30, 2011, 23:07:34 pm »

So the installation began with some porting works to recieve the right diameter for the 48 carburators and also port the walls in the right angle to the ported diameter of the intake.6 hours of work for both mainfolds.After that the carburators installed to the mainfolds and checked the fitting on the heads .Even these have to customized too.

After 12 hours of work i started the engine and sychroniced the engine with a sync master and fixed the lever linkage to the right length .The first test drive showed that one mainfold will not 100 % air tight to the head ,i removed it in the garage and had to make more place between the fan shroud and the airfilter ,a new gasket and the carb back on top everything was fixed and you can feel now the resume of my porting work on the road .The engine runs very lovely like never before,extreme agressive on the pedal and revs easy to over 5000 rpm.Well done.Now i am ready with modifying this engine after 2 years of developing and working.

Itīs better to burn out than to fade away.
vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 23:12:32 pm »

of course the mainfolds are smoothed and polished after porting ,but i did not take a pic from this work.

vintagewagenwerks

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 23:16:51 pm »

finally...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 23:20:39 pm by vintagewagenwerks » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: