The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 15:15:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  '67 rewire job.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: '67 rewire job.  (Read 3038 times)
Taylor

« on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:35 am »

As someone who is not super acclimated with wiring,  could I potentially use this http://m.summitracing.com/parts/prf-70103 to add to my '67 wiring for my MSD, fuel pump and oil cooler fan?

If anyone has any comments or better ideas, even another suggestion, please let me know.
thanks, Taylor
Mike Maize

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 22:58:27 pm »

I am quite sure that would work well to add some extra fused leads.
Taylor

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 00:09:22 am »

Now that I look at it,  I don't think that particular one will for what I want.  I need one with one, or more, keyed power and at least 2, for fuel and fan, to be constant on.  That way I can switch them on/off.  They have one that is about $10done more that is 7the circuits.  I think ill go for it!
andy198712

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

That does look very neat!
But if you fancied doing it for about £10-15 you could by a fuse box with enough fuses in, an a relay and a relay holder?

Put it under the rear seat or luggage area, have power from the battery to the relay then to the fuse box, and have the relay switched by what ever you want, be that igition or a switch?

That kit does look like a relay fuse box to me, and does look very neat.

Sounds a lot of work, but I managed it, and So that means anyone can!!! Wink
John Palmer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 04:11:27 am »

Taylor, find a place in Las Vegas like Orvac Electronics on Orangethorpe in Fullerton, CA.   They stock all kinds and sizes of fuse blocks, a good selection of wire in various gauges and colors.  They have all the special size terminals, relays, and relays holders, etc.

I agree, fab an aluminum panel to go under the rear seat.  Better to have "too many" fuse terminals for future use.  I can't imagine that three fuses would get you very far in your project.

This stuff (copper wiring) is getting "pretty pricey" for what it is, IMO.  You can find the same stuff at Long Beach Performance, or the Pomona Swap Meets for better prices

Good luck.

John
Jim Ratto

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:36:45 am »

Taylor send me an email Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: