The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:02:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350774 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Scc 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Scc 2008  (Read 139333 times)
richie

« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2008, 17:49:16 pm »

Looks like a certain flat black fastback will turn up to... with 4 or 5 friends... and thats the 9 sec type of friends...
Could we get a full stage of 9 sec cars...??   

Excellent,that what I was hoping for,if that doesnt bring them out nothing will Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2008, 10:04:15 am »

I hear you guys got a really amazing live rock'n'roll act going on for saturday night on this years event? Congrats! Be proud! Those guys don't say yes to just any gig they can get! You must have done something right..

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2008, 15:15:35 pm »

i was hoping to come, but I have just sat down to price it up, and with the baby, its out of my price range this year.  Hopefully next year.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:57 am »

I hear you guys got a really amazing live rock'n'roll act going on for saturday night on this years event? Congrats! Be proud! Those guys don't say yes to just any gig they can get! You must have done something right..

Oh Yeah! We have booked the best of the best!!! And one of the guys in the band is a hard core cal-look fan as well, he is a SCC veteran and former "Crazy award" winner, so this is gona be just perfect! Wink

Be sure not to miss this show saturday night!!!

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:26 am »

SCC promotion at Bug Camp, Gjøvik, Norway this weekend! What a great day!!  Grin

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 08:36:15 am by Berger » Logged

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
JS

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2008, 17:36:09 pm »

Be sure to check out the SCC bus at our EBI#2 stand!!!
Also a big thanks to Keith & UltraVW for the promotion in the june adition available NOW!  Grin

Signature.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2008, 21:06:15 pm »

very cool bus  Cool very 80's

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2008, 07:38:53 am »

Thanks Speedwell Smiley

More news, be sure to check http://sccevent.com and read about Saturday Night LIVE! (and more..)

Regards
Berger

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
nicolas

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2008, 07:09:57 am »

so when are you Brits crossing the channel, just to get some idea about when i can leave and when i need to book some tickets and sort things out a bit.

richie

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:17 pm »

so when are you Brits crossing the channel, just to get some idea about when i can leave and when i need to book some tickets and sort things out a bit.

Nicolas,I am looking at early thursday morning crossing from Dover to dunkerque,still got to decide this for sure though,will let you know when we have booked it Smiley

cheers richie

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2008, 13:26:20 pm »

I'm waiting to see if the wife will let me go!

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2008, 15:00:14 pm »

Nicolas,I am looking at early thursday morning crossing from Dover to dunkerque,still got to decide this for sure though,will let you know when we have booked it Smiley

cheers richie

Sounds good dude - keep me posted  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
richie

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2008, 15:13:49 pm »

cheers richie

Sounds good dude - keep me posted  Wink Smiley

Lee.PM me number please,i seem to have mislaid it Angry  Old age i think Wink

cheers richie,uk

nicolas

« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2008, 21:07:01 pm »

cheers richie

so i am guessing that you will be close to my place around noon. i travelled 3 hours from dunkerque to my place, so how many people are coming on this trip so far? maybe, just maybe i can make something up for lunch... depends on the number and time involved.

thanks. my wife is booking tickets to go by plane.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2008, 22:50:40 pm »

Guys I just worked out my shift pattern/holidays for SCC and I have from Aug 12th to 23rd Shocked and the best thing is I only need to "Book" 4 days holiday  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:28 am »

looks like i will be flying over on the Friday Smiley

nicolas

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2008, 08:14:02 am »

how stupid is it to race at SCC with the fastback??? i really want to race, BUT i need the car to get back as well with the family... so if i break i am stranded in Norway. what do i need to do to race? are there spaces left? and a place to get some spare parts, or someone that comes along with a truck... just thinking out loud.

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2008, 08:37:45 am »

how stupid is it to race at SCC with the fastback??? i really want to race, BUT i need the car to get back as well with the family... so if i break i am stranded in Norway. what do i need to do to race? are there spaces left? and a place to get some spare parts, or someone that comes along with a truck... just thinking out loud.

To race with the fastback is really cool nicolas!! That`s gona be a performance to respect Smiley

There will be parts dealers at the site, or else the place is stuffed with real vw enthusiasts, so there are NO chance you will be stranded in Norway, unless you want to of course Wink

To race you need three point safety belt, no loose items in the car, drivers license, helmet, gloves, and clothes that cover your body. And the car must be "leek free" Smiley
And there are depot spaces left, no problem.

Hope to see you at the race track!

Regards Berger
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 13:01:29 pm by Berger » Logged

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2008, 10:07:19 am »

Guys I just worked out my shift pattern/holidays for SCC and I have from Aug 12th to 23rd Shocked and the best thing is I only need to "Book" 4 days holiday  Wink Smiley

That's cool Lee!!! remember to take some cool photos on the way up here.... in a Buggy!!  Shocked Shocked

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
ESH

« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:24 am »

... how stupid is it to race at SCC with the fastback??? i really want to race, BUT i need the car to get back as well with the family ...

... To race with the fastback is really cool nicolas!! That`s gona be a performance to respect ... the place is stuffed with real vw enthusiasts, så there are NO chance you will be stranded in Norway ...

Like Berger says racing the car would be really cool. it's one hell of a drive so I understand your concerns about keeping the car in good shape but run the car at 8/10ths and it'll be fine. Basically launch it soft and shave some RPM off of the top. The experience you'll have will have been worth way more than paying heed to any concerns you have. Again like Berger says you're at a track full of enthusiasts and there's no way anyone's going to leave you stranded. At worst the car goes home on the transporter but so what? It's really unlikely to happen and if it does the plus side is you can crack a beer open and enjoy the ride back. Get breakdown insurance and have some fun! I would like to have been driving there myself this year but too many commitments in terms of time and money have meant I can't so it'll have to wait but I intend to do the trip sometime and when I do the car isn't going to be parked trackside unless I broke it on the way! It's addictive; last year at EBI my car developed a fault which really screwed my times but it was in the upper RPM range so I concentrated on working out how to launch the car with the new diff. I put in 12 passes I think and ended up having to stop 14 times on the way home! Whilst it wasn't the best drive home I've had we made it back. I don't know how far the SCC is from you, 1000 miles maybe? Look at it this way what's the worst you can do in an additional 2.5/3.5 miles?

Smiley

... so if i break i am stranded in Norway ...

... så there are NO chance you will be stranded in Norway, unless you want to of course...

And thinking about it, that isn't so bad either; it's a beautiful country. Run 10/10ths, kill the car, 'forget' the breakdown insurance and enjoy the scenery!

Grin
nicolas

« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54:40 pm »

Ok i will live la vida loco then and make this trip one to tell my grandchildren (only because my son will allready be there...) sign me up. i have a helmet, still need gloves (are these specific? ) and i will try to run it 9/10th of my possibilities...  Grin Grin Grin

thanks for convincing me so quickly  Kiss
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2008, 20:51:45 pm »

dman i want to go to scc. That bay is sooo cool...

Glitter don't make you faster.
JS

« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2008, 21:03:03 pm »

DO IT!  Grin

Signature.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2008, 16:35:01 pm »

flights booked, thanks to JHU a lift and accommodation all sorted, the wife isn't happy, but she knows this will be my last foreign show for a few years, so she has let me go!

nicolas

« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2008, 08:31:57 am »

no way back. non-refundable tickets to Gardemoen are booked for my wife and son; they will arrive at Gardemoen airport at 15:00 on saturday. hope this does not interfere with my racing...  Grin  i.e. hope i don't break stuff before they arrive.
ESH

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:45 am »

... hope this does not interfere with my racing ... 

Cool 9/10ths huh?  Grin
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2008, 09:04:43 am »

no way back. non-refundable tickets to Gardemoen are booked for my wife and son; they will arrive at Gardemoen airport at 15:00 on saturday. hope this does not interfere with my racing...  Grin  i.e. hope i don't break stuff before they arrive.

SUPERB! Welcome!

Please remember to send your flight details to the SCC gang and we will arrange a pick up from the airport.

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
ESH

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:54 am »

... Please remember to send your flight details to the SCC gang and we will arrange a pick up from the airport ...

I'm arriving Friday afternoon, I don't remember the time but it's OK; I'll wave out of the window when we land, keep an eye open.

Smiley
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2008, 09:18:41 am »

... Please remember to send your flight details to the SCC gang and we will arrange a pick up from the airport ...

I'm arriving Friday afternoon, I don't remember the time but it's OK; I'll wave out of the window when we land, keep an eye open.

Smiley

Please dont wave OUT the window but rather give us a wink from the inside. Safer that way.  Cheesy No problem Mat, the SCC taxi will be waiting.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
nicolas

« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2008, 10:26:50 am »

... hope this does not interfere with my racing ... 

Cool 9/10ths huh?  Grin

yep...  Roll Eyes

no flights back, so it will be a familytrip back home, not sure with what car...  Grin

SUPERB! Welcome!

Please remember to send your flight details to the SCC gang and we will arrange a pick up from the airport.

Best rgs
BB

well they arrive at Gardemoen on the 15 of august at 15:00 with a Sterling flight (NB 638) so i guess they get out half an hour later as they have very little baggage they can take with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: