The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:41:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350774 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Scc 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Scc 2008  (Read 139333 times)
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2008, 21:32:42 pm »

Lids, you are going down so late on Sunday that I can take you down. Friday is probably sorted to, dont worry Wink

Wanted to make sure I was there all weekend Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2008, 06:16:58 am »

scc team

MAN, I just missed out on every picture....how did I manage that...  Roll Eyes

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
JS

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2008, 19:53:39 pm »

Are you implying you were actually there?  Roll Eyes Grin

In other news: "THE CSP TEAM IS RUMORED TO APPEAR AT SCC!!!" Check sccevent.com

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2008, 20:22:22 pm »

Hmm..must have been over in the beer tent doing some promotion work I guess  Cool

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
ESH

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2008, 10:44:11 am »

I think I must be having an off day here at work or something but my mind keeps drifting, I just checked my calendar and realised that this time in 4 weeks I won't be able to check my calendar as I'll be on a plane heading North to Mooselands!

Roll on SCC...

So CSP are bringing this out then? Europe has never seen such a big field of cars this fast, it's going to be absolutely nuts! And that's not even taking into account the Saturday night lumberjack contest.

Cool
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2008, 11:49:49 am »

I got a phone call from "WestenHill" last night, some guy with a "VW schnellheck" (<-what kind of car is that?)  is coming to SCC with three other friends...  they claim that "atmospheric sucks"....?!  ...and he was talking about 2,1 bar boost...  Shocked

I think you are right Mat, there haven't been a start line like this in....  well, never... atleast in Europe!! Something like TEN of the cars has done nines before... most of them with license plates...
How many that does their first eight we wont know until Sunday night...

If you don't get to SCC, you are missing out...   it's that simple really... we are going to have a BLAST!!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2008, 08:23:55 am »

FANCY A BIT OF SCANDINAVIAN CAL-LOOK HISTORY?

Read all about it ! http://www.sccevent.com

Smiley

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
ESH

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:21 am »

FANCY A BIT OF SCANDINAVIAN CAL-LOOK HISTORY?

I think I recognise that car.  Cool

richie

« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2008, 22:33:40 pm »

Well booked our ferry to france today,looks like we will meet up with a few more people on the way and go over the bridge,should be a fun,if tiring journey up there Smiley  Just got to find a way to make tea as i drive and all will be good Cheesy

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2008, 23:20:16 pm »

Well booked our ferry to france today,looks like we will meet up with a few more people on the way and go over the bridge,should be a fun,if tiring journey up there Smiley  Just got to find a way to make tea as i drive and all will be good Cheesy

cheers richie

So we're heading over the bridge on the on the way up as well then - thats 8 countries and aprox 1300 miles according to that top gear race they did  Shocked

I'll give you a bell 2moro dude  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
richie

« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2008, 08:36:47 am »

cheers richie

So we're heading over the bridge on the on the way up as well then - thats 8 countries and aprox 1300 miles according to that top gear race they did  Shocked

I'll give you a bell 2moro dude  Smiley
I pmed you the details,hopefully you got them?

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Thomas 356

« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2008, 14:33:19 pm »

Hi All SCC FANS

The Danes is comming to SCC   to   

and my bus i not just Show N Shine

i will take it to the track

is there other busses i can race ore am i the only one ?

see you soon SCC

Thomas
MEN IN BUGS DENMARK

Thomas 356
Menber Of  Boulevard Cruiser´s
Driver of the Nasty Gray (Back In Fridolin style)
www.thenastygray.blogspot.com
JS

« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2008, 17:05:00 pm »

Thomas, we are VERY happy that you decided to install proper seat belts in the bus so you can finally race it!!
Have no fear, you will have a few fellow bus enthusiasts to race against!  Shocked Grin

Cheers, Johnny.

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2008, 08:29:15 am »

Important information

The depot spaces on asphalt ground are now all booked!!

You can still book your depot space, but you have to settle with gravel gound.

Read more at http://www.sccevent.com

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
EspenX

« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2008, 16:51:09 pm »

is there other busses i can race ore am i the only one ?

Top of my head I know of 3-4 other buses (not counting some stock buses that probably will have a go) that will be racing at SCC with various ambition levels - everything from a 1641 split bus to a 2,3 litre late bay. The latter owned by a guy that has never drag raced, but wants to have a story to tell his grandchildren, so he has had a T4 engine with 250+ hp built only to race his double cabin bay at SCC...  Grin After SCC he wants to use the car for moose hunting...

Rocket-Racing

« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2008, 23:21:37 pm »

Top of my head I know of 3-4 other buses (not counting some stock buses that probably will have a go) that will be racing at SCC with various ambition levels - everything from a 1641 split bus to a 2,3 litre late bay. The latter owned by a guy that has never drag raced, but wants to have a story to tell his grandchildren, so he has had a T4 engine with 250+ hp built only to race his double cabin bay at SCC...  Grin After SCC he wants to use the car for moose hunting...

I can just picture it.. Hunting norwegian style, a 250hp double cab chasing moose around in the woods  Grin

SHINE CAN NEVER REPLACE ATTITUDE
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2008, 09:00:37 am »

The visitors number at sccevent.com tells me you guys are visiting the page regulary, thanks! Smiley
I guess I don`t have to tell there`s news to be read now....anyway..... 

Wink

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
kitschnkarma

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2008, 15:05:12 pm »

hi
anna and tony here from the uk.  we are driving to scc in our 79 westy bay (don't think our splitty is up to it yet)  and our mate vwfish is driving in his '67 bug. we are leaving on 12th august via newcastle to stavanger arriving 13th august. we are then driving to oslo for the event.  we are leaving on Sunday to start the return trip to the uk via sweden across that fab bridge at malmo and into denmark to dash to the ferry from esjberg to harwich on 21st august.....anyone going that way or have any suggestions as to the most exciting routes to oslo or beyond?  we are looking foward to the event - it looks great.

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2008, 17:58:50 pm »

Hi Anna and Tony!

If You have the time, I would really recomend going over the mountains from Stavanger to Oslo!
View the rout  here
Have a safe trip and welcome to SCC!! Smiley

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
kitschnkarma

« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2008, 19:05:30 pm »

thanks for that - it looks a great route.   Smiley

vwfish

« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2008, 19:33:29 pm »

hi
anna and tony here from the uk.  we are driving to scc in our 79 westy bay (don't think our splitty is up to it yet)  and our mate vwfish is driving in his '67 bug. we are leaving on 12th august via newcastle to stavanger arriving 13th august. we are then driving to oslo for the event.  we are leaving on Sunday to start the return trip to the uk via sweden across that fab bridge at malmo and into denmark to dash to the ferry from esjberg to harwich on 21st august.....anyone going that way or have any suggestions as to the most exciting routes to oslo or beyond?  we are looking foward to the event - it looks great.

Hi Anna and Tony!

If You have the time, I would really recomend going over the mountains from Stavanger to Oslo!
View the rout  here

Hello, I thought I would stick my head in. Thanks for the tip on the route as my satnav was planning on taking us as much as it could as the crow flies but that looks a truly awesome route. I cant wait to get going in the 67 and I have been aked to writte the whole trip up for one of the clubs I'm involved with.

Looking forward to meeting new faces  Smiley

kitschnkarma

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2008, 19:51:33 pm »

hi again
will it be ok to get tickets at the gate - would hate to get there and it be sold out but also would hate to pay and not get the tickets in time..
thanks

JS

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2008, 19:53:43 pm »

You can buy tickets at the gate, no problem!  Smiley

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2008, 20:33:43 pm »

Would also like to mention that tickets bought up front are delivered by mail(pdf) personaly by me, so either way it will not be a problem Wink

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
vwfish

« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2008, 21:28:13 pm »

As we are leaving on Sunday to start the return trip to the UK via Sweden across the bridge at Malmo and into Denmark can you recommend any pretty routes or any events we could stop and take part in on the return journey.

Fish

EspenX

« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2008, 23:19:27 pm »

Hi Anna and Tony!

View the rout  here

When I click your link Berger I get the coastal route, not the mountain route (?)  EDIT: Tried to post the correct route, but ViaMichelin seems to drop the stop overs in the url and only provide the coastal route. Strange.... Type Stavanger - Sirdal - Oslo - Gardermoen in ViaMichelin for the mountain route

Coastal route is longer, but pretty much all motorway, so probably quicker - the mountain route is shorter and alot more scenic, but parts of it with narrow, winding roads (watch out for sheep sleeping in the middle of the road Smiley)

vwfish, from SCC to Denmark is basically all motorway (European route E6) and there are no obvious alternative/scenic routes. I recommend to instead take short detours and get back on E6. What to do all depends on your interests and time available. I would recommend my hometown Oslo for the Viking ship museum], the Vigeland park etc

In Sweden you can stay overnight in Gothenburg where they have the huge amusement park Liseberg or take a detour and visit the Saab museum in Trollhättan. I would recommend a stayover in Copenhagen if you haven't been there before, an awsome city IMO. There is a million other things to do and see, it all depends on what you are interested in.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 00:17:43 am by EspenX » Logged
kitschnkarma

« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2008, 23:37:59 pm »

Hi Anna and Tony!

View the rout  here

When I click your link Berger I get the coastal route, not the mountain route (?) Just in case, here's the mountain routehere is the mountain route

Coastal route is longer, but pretty much all highway, so probably quicker - the mountain route is shorter and alot more scenic, but parts of it with narrow, winding roads (watch out for sheep sleeping in the middle of the road Smiley)

hi - both these routes seem to be the same ones and they are both along the coast....

EspenX

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2008, 00:22:13 am »

Can't get the link to work, but this is how the mountain route should look Smiley
kitschnkarma

« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2008, 00:29:41 am »

thanks - that does look more mountainous.  thanks for taking the time to do this and for suggestions of where to visit.  Grin

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2008, 06:17:12 am »

Sorry about the bad link there..seems like some of the choices are not remembered in the link.
But basicly, choose Stavanger to Oslo and "Sightseeing" as the route choice, and you get the route I sugested.
Thanks Espen Smiley

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: