The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 13:07:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  This space reserved for D.K.K. club photos... dig?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: This space reserved for D.K.K. club photos... dig?  (Read 62240 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2008, 23:00:31 pm »

I remember it being darker than in the magazine... is my memory failing me??

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2008, 23:03:57 pm »

It was pretty much the red color in the pic next to the green sedan. Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2008, 23:08:06 pm »

old age sux!  Wink

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 05:47:28 am »

Here ya go, Rick... sorry for the poor photo quality, but if you saw the original picture that I took... these actually look better. I cleaned 'em up in PhotoShop. I'm guessing that this was either Bug-In 30 or 31. I'm going with the latter.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 05:49:07 am »

WOW... Damn it looked good that way!

Has to be Bug-In 31

Thanks!!

Rennsurfer

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2008, 05:52:22 am »

You're welcome. This is just temporary till I get that pic scanned, Rick. In the meantime, at least you have that. I always dug your car with the U.S. front fenders, too. Of course, I'm rather biased towards Savannah beige cars. HAHA!! My family bought enough of 'em.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2008, 05:53:41 am »

Well I still have the US fenders and the Cookies... Maybe I'll build it that way.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2008, 06:00:46 am »

Well I still have the US fenders and the Cookies... Maybe I'll build it that way.

BAM! There ya GO! Thus, once again, proving that the Information Superhighway IS your friend.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2008, 06:07:33 am »

Hey Mark... I'm 98% sure that's my car but it looks like the pop out frames are polished and I'm pretty sure mine are flat black. I can't tell from the scans... is it running blades & EMPI guards? That's the way it would have been configured.

Stuff like the antenna location and the powder coated trim are farily unique to my car.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2008, 06:21:59 am »

Hey Mark... I'm 98% sure that's my car but it looks like the pop out frames are polished and I'm pretty sure mine are flat black. I can't tell from the scans... is it running blades & EMPI guards? That's the way it would have been configured.

Stuff like the antenna location and the powder coated trim are farily unique to my car.

I know... I thought of that when I was retouching the photo. But it looks like the rest of the trim (incl. the door window stuff) is all powder coated black. I can't remember, but didn't you add the early front fenders and pop-out quarter windows right before it got crashed?

Here's a pic that I haven't seen since I took it. I was goofin' around w/my camera and shot Joe's 1960 ragtop hubcap with my Java Green Euro model '66 Sedan in the background.

This would have to be either late 1982 or early 1983. Can't remember the exact year... but I'm close. That green car was my stocker while I waited a year to get my license back. The state took mine away for a year; 11 speeding tickets in the orange car. HAHAHA!!! And every cop in just about every local city knew my car. Many of them were my customers, too. From all of the VW shops that I worked at. SUCKED! But driving the all original car with the 1300cc was a fun project car. Back during a time when no one was driving stock cars. 90% of 'em were customized. So I blended in with the scenery, so to speak. Later, I built a mild street engine with fake pea shooter exhaust tips exiting the factory cutouts in the rear apron with a hidden header/muffler. A full-on blast, messin' with Cal Look Bugs. They'd be all bummed that a car with whitewalls and two-tone factory wheels beat theim. HAHAHAHAHA!!! GOOD TIMES.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:31:21 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2008, 06:27:20 am »

I know... I thought of that when I was retouching the photo. But it looks like the rest of the trim (incl. the door window stuff) is all powder coated black. I can't remember, but didn't you add the early front fenders and pop-out quarter windows right before it got crashed?

The early fenders and cookies were done specifcally for the last Bug-In and that was the only time the car was shown in that configuration unfortunately. The Pop-Outs however were done very early in the car's history with me.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2008, 06:33:02 am »

The early fenders and cookies were done specifcally for the last Bug-In and that was the only time the car was shown in that configuration unfortunately. The Pop-Outs however were done very early in the car's history with me.

Hmm... okay. I don't remember your car always having the pop-outs. But you'd know better than anyone.

(edit) WHOA! I just noticed that the last picture that I added must've been taken later. I now see Joe's D.K.K. sticker in his quarter window. I don't think we voted him in till 1983 or even '84. Weird.

Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:34:46 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2008, 06:41:38 am »

Hmm... okay. I don't remember your car always having the pop-outs. But you'd know better than anyone.

Grin

If the Pop Outs are powder coated, they would have to have been done when they rest of the trim was done.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 17:49:42 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

LuftsickTero

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2008, 08:48:51 am »

Cookie Cutters suit that car nicely.. Strange how they look good on cars that are lowered both front and rear.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2008, 11:08:26 am »

Hey, Rick! To bad you didn't have access to this article back then: http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,4377.0.html
I bet you thought you had a California look! huh?

Just teasing you mate!  Cheesy

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2008, 17:00:22 pm »

Here ya go, Rick... sorry for the poor photo quality, but if you saw the original picture that I took... these actually look better. I cleaned 'em up in PhotoShop. I'm guessing that this was either Bug-In 30 or 31. I'm going with the latter.

mark  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2008, 17:44:29 pm »

Hey, Rick! To bad you didn't have access to this article back then: http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,4377.0.html

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 17:59:11 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2008, 17:45:22 pm »

Nice Tweaking Fabs! Thanks!

Rick

Jon
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2008, 18:59:36 pm »

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Hahahahaaahahaa

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2008, 00:40:26 am »

(edit) WHOA! I just noticed that the last picture that I added must've been taken later. I now see Joe's D.K.K. sticker in his quarter window. I don't think we voted him in till 1983 or even '84. Weird.

Grin

I think that Joe was voted in in 1982 or 3.

Jim Ratto

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2008, 00:46:19 am »

Grin
mark  Wink

COOL.... 911 cookie cutter wheels. Looks good Rick, and there is you side antenna! Now are you still going to run those 8 spokes? Grin
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2008, 00:57:24 am »

Man after seeing that... I dunno... I have 5 cookies too... gotta have a matching spare.

I think I know how Fabs feels... so many wheels to choose from.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2008, 00:58:32 am »

I think it need a little more tire on the back.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2008, 01:51:37 am »

so many wheels to choose from.

Here... allow me to assist in your decision; get the Cookie Cutters painted or powdercoated pewter or silver and call it a day.

Next crisis, please?

Grin

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2008, 01:57:34 am »

Ahh but they polish so nicely! Wink

Rennsurfer

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:52 am »

Ahh but they polish so nicely! Wink

Oh, I know... I was just sayin' what I'd do if were MY car. That... and partly messin' w/ya.

Grin

Speakin' of which... I FINALLY got offa my arse and bought a scanner/copier/printer today.

Starting with:

The correct color, too! Well, at least the images look like the actual photographs, now.

(edit) WHOA! Just noticed something... now that the pics are more clearer and larger on my screen, I'm seeing lots of background stuff. Is that Jimmy Yowell and his car next to yours? Sure looks that way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:30:44 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2008, 07:16:47 am »

It does look like Jimmy's car. Cool and Thanks for the better scan!!

Jon
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2008, 09:14:33 am »

You know, having those pop outs in chrome/polished you achieve the opposite of most early mid lookers, since they have cal look rubber and the door window trim still shiny.
About the wheels, do what you fancy... just don't bring that car up to date. It's way to well preserved for that.

Just my 0.02 USD = 0.0133002 EUR = 0.104345 NOK

Wink
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:16:22 am by JHU » Logged

Neil Davies

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2008, 11:02:40 am »

I'm glad you ran Cookies - makes my decision about running mine so much easier! Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2008, 18:23:59 pm »

You know, having those pop outs in chrome/polished you achieve the opposite of most early mid lookers, since they have cal look rubber and the door window trim still shiny.
About the wheels, do what you fancy... just don't bring that car up to date. It's way to well preserved for that.

Just my 0.02 USD = 0.0133002 EUR = 0.104345 NOK

Wink

LOL... no I'm a victim of the 80s Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: