The weight saving thread

<< < (131/201) > >>

ALB:
Quote from: spanners on April 02, 2013, 20:44:51 pm

yes,, i run spray jets to the valve springs on my circuit wassers, but i use tractor technology as its reliable, ive seen it done with an external spray bar system on the Scat heads as they were short on oil supply for circuit racing, but they were still un reliable for any endurance work, my way uses nothing more than a milled channel in the rocker bore leading to a vee shaped grove on the spring side of the rocker, it mimics the spring compression movements and emmits a fan shaped oil jet, very effective and cant go wrong. KISS.

Would it be possible to see a pic or 2? It would be terribly appreciated. Al

andy198712:
Quote from: brian e on April 02, 2013, 18:23:09 pm

Quote from: andy198712 on April 02, 2013, 18:12:01 pm

how much do the 356 lifters weigh?

here is some pretty good info and pics.  I was just going to do a type 1 lifter with a smaller stem and make some smaller ID bushings for the case.

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,8438.0.html

Brian

maybe a set of TP's 56g lifters would be close alternative?

Zach Gomulka:
Quote from: spanners on April 02, 2013, 18:18:05 pm

Monika boy

:D :D :D

brian e:
This was a quick experiment I did over lunch the other day.
Aluminum rocker adjuster nuts.  The set of 8 are 18 grams lighter than 8 stock steel ones.  They dont need huge torque, so they should hold up fine.  Same thing could be done in Ti pretty easy.

Brian

cameron shorey:
Quote from: brian e on April 16, 2013, 16:13:50 pm

This was a quick experiment I did over lunch the other day.
Aluminum rocker adjuster nuts.  The set of 8 are 18 grams lighter than 8 stock steel ones.  They dont need huge torque, so they should hold up fine.  Same thing could be done in Ti pretty easy.
Brian

I made mine out of 7/16" (approx 11mm) Ti hex bar stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page