The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:14:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350708 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Fuel tank breather/ roll over vents?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fuel tank breather/ roll over vents?  (Read 1545 times)
Deanodynosaurs

« on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:47 am »

I know 67 fuel tanks came with breather outlets as standard, but i just wonderd what everybody else was using as tank breathers/ roll over vents on their earlier tanks, and how/ and where they installed these?

Pictures would be great. Smiley

Dude  Cool

clarkey

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 18:11:42 pm »

I used the stock location but removed the stock diameter pipe and bored the filler neck for a fitting. Ideally a steel weld ferrule, brazed or welded in place is great but you can buy threaded fittings with a nut and sealing washer which appear to work. The ball roll over valves are avaialable from Aeroquip etc. In England, track regs allow you to attach a coiled pipe to prevent an immediate discharge of fuel. Maybe an alternative. The bigger diameter will allow for the increase in flow from a thirsty motor and more demanding fuel system. This has worked on my car for more than 20 years. Hope this helps.
Deanodynosaurs

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 18:22:59 pm »

Hi Clarkey,

Cheers for the reply.  Smiley

I've actually got the coil version of the breather pipe in my drag car, as, as you say it mandatory for racing in the UK.

However, for my road car, I wanted something a bit prettier. I thought about mounting a roll over valve as suggested, but don’t these have to be mounted vertically? If it was mounted to the filler neck it would be horizontal?  Huh

Sorry If I’m missing something obvious!  Roll Eyes

Dude  Cool

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: