The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:22:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Restored Black Plate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Restored Black Plate  (Read 2914 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: February 06, 2012, 06:26:36 am »

Well a good friend of mine hooked me up with a guy that restores lisence plates locally here in SoCal. Had him do my other plate and came out very nice. Alot more natual, not shinny like my plate on the car now. Will switch plates when my tags are due, then all I have to do is get the month sticker from AAA. The one pic below you can see the difference.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:12:03 am by racecraft » Logged

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:23:59 am »

Much better, Ted. Lookin' good!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:36:35 am »

Thanks Mark, I like it, has less shine to it, my other one is just to much shine. When I get my renewal for the car, they will go on.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Pacha Henrik

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

i don't get why people restore their org. plates. why don't let them be as the history made them?? Undecided

It ain't your grandma's volkswagen!
John Palmer

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 20:08:06 pm »

i don't get why people restore their org. plates. why don't let them be as the history made them?? Undecided

Maybe people like to have a nicely "restored" car that looks "just like" it just rolled off the showroom floor new fifty years ago.  An old, beat up, faded paint, dented license plate spoils the NEW LOOK of the restored car.

Likewise, a car with fifty years "of patina" should have a worn license plate that looks the part of the worn car.

Just my opinion. 
edcraig

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 22:27:42 pm »

Hey Ted, your plate looks great.  That guy does some good work.

Ed
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:36 am »

Thanks Ed, DKK Dan, AKA Larrys Pizza, hooked me up,  he is local, and that makes it nice. If interested contact Dan, he'll hook you up. My other plate was done by Darryl's License Plate Restoration Service, did a great job, but a little bit too shinny. This other one which was my original back plate came out clean, like new. I'm happy!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 06:49:58 am »

Maybe people like to have a nicely "restored" car that looks "just like" it just rolled off the showroom floor new fifty years ago.  An old, beat up, faded paint, dented license plate spoils the NEW LOOK of the restored car.

Likewise, a car with fifty years "of patina" should have a worn license plate that looks the part of the worn car.

Just my opinion. 
Very good point John. I strongly agree.

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: