The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:24:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Van Wilgen Racing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Van Wilgen Racing?  (Read 2315 times)
Taylor

« on: August 26, 2009, 08:48:37 am »

I have a set of heads that came off a motor that i have that have Van Wilgen Racing stamped in the rocker area.  they are stamped 7/79 also (old heads)    they are a heavily welded and ported set.  I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this co./guy?   maybe some background?   thanks  taylor
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 16:24:42 pm »

http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/features/0109vwt_gene_berg_volkswagen_bug/index.html

no idea, but the above article mentions a Larry Van Wilgen?

ugly duckling

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 15:58:03 pm »

hello taylor. those heads came off the snooze ya louzze digger.( art siffell MAD PINAPLE originaly did the heads a place called racers choies in buana park probibly before you were BORN.clyde along the way blessed the heads with his magical fingers.larrys a great guy a deffent VW ATTIC for many years.   if the diger would have been longer and flexed more it would have went high 9s but the car was originaly built for sand drags. the best i could muster out of the car was 10.24 @132 at palm dale with my 2175 dds head engine i think larry was mad at me becase i went qwicer  Tongue it was a 3 speed 486 box. the vanwilligan family in the day were all into it great people and good freinds. JD .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 16:01:10 pm by ugly duckling » Logged

Taylor

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 21:12:37 pm »

yep jeff 4 years beofre I was born actually Wink  the heads are pretty good looking and in rather good shape.  when I got that car from robert moore  I drove it home to
las vegas from orange county  292 miles rolling down the 15 fwy  the car ran high 13s on street tires with the 2054 that was in it.   But I broke a valve spring so I pulled the heads and threw on my 044s that heads up did for me.    I put slicks on it and took it to vegas bug o last year.  it ran 12.80   and I broke the trans.    this year I have a new motor 76x94  with fresh heads and I think it might go low 12s at the bug-o here in october.     I am probably going to have the van wilgen heads freshend up soon too and put them on the shelf.    thanks jeff    taylor
58vw

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:39:11 am »

theres a name from the past....many nights spent in that shop of larrys after the street races...great guy

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: