The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:29:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cool Pics...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Cool Pics...  (Read 2049278 times)
Sarge

« Reply #1500 on: May 09, 2009, 04:06:57 am »

As seen by KS on DKP member Rick "Mother" Meisner's car last weekend....

DKP III
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #1501 on: May 09, 2009, 06:39:47 am »

great to read your comments... been a long run, but getting there.. added a shoot of the engine whilst making some more adjustments......

Nice job Oliver! Your factory standard look really brings out the simplicity of what cal-look is all about IMO. I like the direction you chose with your cal-look standard! Very simple yet also giving it a stealth kinda look. Cool

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Oliver

« Reply #1502 on: May 09, 2009, 11:06:30 am »

Nice job Oliver! Your factory standard look really brings out the simplicity of what cal-look is all about IMO. I like the direction you chose with your cal-look standard! Very simple yet also giving it a stealth kinda look. Cool
[/quote]

simply perfect... thank you....  Grin

oh.. for the wheels, Ercos 3.5" and 6" anodized by Mr Martin Taylor ( thank you again for the amazing finish)...

" the factory standard "
Andi/DFL

« Reply #1503 on: May 09, 2009, 17:36:00 pm »

I just want to share some pics from Nicolas' Type 3. It was a fun day shooting his ride. Nice car, cool guy. :-)

Cheers
Andi

Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1504 on: May 09, 2009, 18:53:45 pm »

cool shots andi!!
and that while driving picture is awesome!!!!

great car nicolas Smiley

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
cal-look 56

« Reply #1505 on: May 09, 2009, 18:58:28 pm »

Those are nice pics.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 15:26:36 pm by cal-look 56 » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1506 on: May 09, 2009, 19:16:56 pm »

nice pict andi  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #1507 on: May 09, 2009, 19:20:39 pm »

I just want to share some pics from Nicolas' Type 3. It was a fun day shooting his ride. Nice car, cool guy. :-)

Cheers
Andi

Oh hello cheeky - NICE PIC'S GUYS  Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Felix/DFL

« Reply #1508 on: May 09, 2009, 19:31:18 pm »

Autobahn - On the way home from Hannover.   Cruiiiiizin

Hi Rasser,

very nice that you made the Trip to Hannover. Your ride really rocks.The nicest typ-4 engine I have seen for a while. Magnetos aren`t that common on typ-4 engines  Cool
And Congrats to the first place show & shine cal-look!

Greetz,Felix
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1509 on: May 10, 2009, 05:22:55 am »

Andi, your Fastback is GREAT! The photography is nice, too. Lit very well.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
RhoadsVW

« Reply #1510 on: May 10, 2009, 07:57:04 am »

Your car looks really good.  Nice to see it again.  Maybe see you again soon Nicolas.  Dave Rhoads

Der Renwagen Fuhrers
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #1511 on: May 10, 2009, 10:48:18 am »

Felix,it is a fake Magneto.
But verry cool.

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
Rasser

« Reply #1512 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:56 am »

Thanks Felix, It wasn´t exactly an easy task to modify all the parts to fit the type4 and give it the "type1 look", sooo many parts had to be fabricated and custom built. I´m glad you liked it, makes it worth all the trouble  Wink

And yes JeePee it is fake  Grin   But it´s NOT as easy to make it fit as it looks on that picture Tongue

funny thing about both the engine and the magneto is that people that are not really into engine stuff think it´s a type1 engine (at first glance), and 99% of the "engine gearheads" ask if it really is driveable with a magneto on the street  Grin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 21:29:35 pm by Rasser » Logged

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
Felix/DFL

« Reply #1513 on: May 10, 2009, 20:21:30 pm »

Thanks Felix, It wasn´t exactly an easy task to modify all the parts to fit the type4 and give it the "type1 look", sooo many parts had to be fabricated and custom built. I´m glad you liked it, makes it worth all the trouble  Wink

And yes JeePee it is fake  Grin   But it´s NOT as easy to make it fit as it looks on that picture Tongue

funny thing about both the engine and the magneto is that people that are not really into engine stuff think it´s a type1 engine (at first glance), and 99% of the "engine gearheads" ask if really is driveable with a magneto on the street  Grin

Hi Rasser,

hey very nice trick about the magneto, who modified it and how it is done?
Rasser

« Reply #1514 on: May 10, 2009, 21:39:54 pm »

I did the conversion myself.

- Your have to remove ALL the stuff inside the magneto (not an easy task, because there is steel casted into the aluminium body, and the alu body is very thin)
- Dril out the sparkplug lead holes in the magneto cap to bigger dia.
- Drill a hole in the magneto  for the electronic ignition module wires (hidden on the back).
- Weld/modify a bracket  for holding the dist/magneto (because there is nearly no space between magneto and engine
- Make a new coil lead (because you need to hide the coil behind the fan shroud, and it has to be long)
- Machine the bottom part of the magneto on a lathe to accept the distributor.
- Modify/make new brackets to hold the distributor cap onto the dist., I also had to modify the dist. body for this to fit (again because of no space inside the magneto)
- Drill holes and make threads for bolting the dist. and the magneto together.

I also had to buy an extra set of coil leads, because i needed an extra set of collars for finishing the look, and I used one of the long plugleads to convert for use with the coil.

Theres probably more, but this is the stuff that I remember from the top of my head.

anyway, back to the cool picture thread  Wink
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 21:44:54 pm by Rasser » Logged

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #1515 on: May 10, 2009, 21:58:51 pm »

Great car Nicolas !

nicolas

« Reply #1516 on: May 11, 2009, 09:17:07 am »

thanks all for the nice comments. it was a hard week before the shoot to get the car half decent to it, but i managed to make Georg happy (for those who know him, that is not bad  Grin) and most off all it was fun, i couldn't hide i was happy as a little kid. i just didn't think my car would/could be article material, but when i got the phonecall it took me a while to reallise this.

i never cleaned my car like this before. so my advice is, stay away from 8 spokes as europe is just not the right climate for them, they were polished by hand two times that week and one more time just before the pictures were taken. and one even one extra time for the detail shot. best thing to do is ship my car, family, me to California  Grin

¨thanks to all, who made my year!"

Lee.C

« Reply #1517 on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:20 am »

thanks all for the nice comments. it was a hard week before the shoot to get the car half decent to it, but i managed to make Georg happy (for those who know him, that is not bad  Grin) and most off all it was fun, i couldn't hide i was happy as a little kid. i just didn't think my car would/could be article material, but when i got the phonecall it took me a while to reallise this.

i never cleaned my car like this before. so my advice is, stay away from 8 spokes as europe is just not the right climate for them, they were polished by hand two times that week and one more time just before the pictures were taken. and one even one extra time for the detail shot. best thing to do is ship my car, family, me to California  Grin

Its a good feeling when you get "That Call"  Wink Smiley By the way I'll join you out in Cali dude Smiley

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1518 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45:30 am »

Just the start... 4000 new images! But you'll have to wait for another book to see (some of) the rest! Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Lee.C

« Reply #1519 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:02 pm »

Just the start... 4000 new images! But you'll have to wait for another book to see (some of) the rest! Cheesy

Shocked well come on then and stop teasing us  Wink Smiley

Tim C

« Reply #1520 on: May 11, 2009, 12:34:26 pm »

JG54 Greenhearts
vwcab

peter

« Reply #1521 on: May 11, 2009, 13:37:46 pm »

Great feature of a nice car Nicolas   Wink
but why are you saying to stay away of  8-spokes ,when YOU told ME to buy(LOL) a set!!!!  Grin   Grin
Have fun dude.  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
wolfswest

« Reply #1522 on: May 11, 2009, 14:51:31 pm »

So your car will be in a magazine?  Huh
If so, NICE!  I can imagine the feeling! Actually I can't but... you know what I mean.  Grin

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1523 on: May 11, 2009, 15:25:02 pm »

arghhhhhhhhhhhh keith  Angry  stop posting  , go work on the third tome Roll Eyes......................   Grin Grin Grin

rgd
fabs
thx for that pict  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #1524 on: May 11, 2009, 21:08:53 pm »

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 21:18:28 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Felix/DFL

« Reply #1525 on: May 11, 2009, 21:14:28 pm »

If so, NICE!  I can imagine the feeling! Actually I can't but... you know what I mean.  Grin
Dem

Nicolas very fine notch is featured in the german mag "Käfer Revue".

http://www.kr-magazin.de/index.html

@KS: WOW let us see some more. If you show us 100 pic`s out of 4000 it`s yust a dip on a hot stone  Wink
wolfswest

« Reply #1526 on: May 11, 2009, 22:20:50 pm »

Dem

Nicolas very fine notch is featured in the german mag "Käfer Revue".

http://www.kr-magazin.de/index.html

@KS: WOW let us see some more. If you show us 100 pic`s out of 4000 it`s yust a dip on a hot stone  Wink

congratulations!  are the photos of the feature already on the lounge?  Huh  Maybe we can show them in the magazine feature topic?

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #1527 on: May 11, 2009, 22:41:27 pm »

@ Felix,you probably meant Fastback (Nicolas-ride),but you wrote "notch".  Roll Eyes   Grin
 Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
stealth67vw

« Reply #1528 on: May 11, 2009, 22:43:47 pm »

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4