The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:26:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  VW Slot Cars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: VW Slot Cars  (Read 17579 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 00:55:22 am »

Would lone to come down and play on your track!
Rick
G27 that's hardcore, like the wing car at speed photo!
1st and 3rd Saturday eves we race slower and more affordable equipment.
Please do contact me for the hook up if you are in the area.
If I can find the time I'd like to see BPR on the 2nd weekend of the month.

Had some RC years too, early 70s in the Briggs Cuningham parking lot just off Baker and the Newport Fwy raced the 1/12 Jerobee .049 RC cars, ten years later same place with 1/12 electric.
Late 80s raced 1/8 scale gas at the Ranch (remember that track!), Santa Monica, Las Vegas and San Diego tracks.
Hung around with Ron Paris and managed a second in a year long 2wd 1/8 scale gas class series.

Goofed around with a buddy's brushless electric motor 1/18 scale RC car today, cool smaller Losi racing Baja bug hauled butt.

I've spent some time at the local road race tracks.
Are you still doing SCCA work?
Best,
Mike

I can't afford to throw bucks at a hobby like I used to.  Wink

I did some racing at Briggs. Mostly RC12Es. I raced a lot at the Ranch too. Did a lot of local series with ROAR and NORCCA. I was so cal 12th scale champ one year. My favorite class was 12th scale 4 cell on carpet. There was a place in Riverside that ran on carpet.

1/8th scale was pretty killer! Loved watching them run.

I've seen a few of the 1/18th scale cars but I'm afraid to get hooked.

I haven't done any corner working for quite a while. Just no time. I'd like to get back to it at some point.

Rick

I've seen the 1/18th scal

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
alex d

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:20 am »

look what a good friend of mine gave me as a present the other day, he took one of these pinkar splits and turned it into a proper cal looker, it's so beautiful that I don't think I'll ever use it!

before the treatment:

and after:

eating detroit iron  Grin

or just cruisin'
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:35:17 am by alex d » Logged
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 20:57:32 pm »

WOW . I think i found a new hobbie. great stuff, Is that blue and silver track inside somebody's home garage? pretty serious

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
mg

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 05:28:12 am »

See if you like the promo video.   
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HRL1uRECx8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6HRL1uRECx8</a>
In San Diego we IROC race $40 NASCARS ready to run, replacement motor $6 every 40hrs.  Smiley
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 06:48:01 am »

NASCAR = the gay wannabe tag along cab drivers of automobile racing. Every time I even mention that word, I vomit in my mouth.

Please keep the Volkswagen and other German slot car stuff flowin', however. Alex, that black Split is KILLER! What a great looking car.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:50:16 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
mg

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 04:54:06 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn0JhQzTaME" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn0JhQzTaME</a>
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:16 am »

Yuk,yuk!

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Rennsurfer

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 02:13:54 am »

(gay-arsed video deleted for brevity)

More non-German non-race diatribe. That video exactly proves my point of how worthless those cars are. Besides, that vid contained nothing intelligent nor does it possess anything in the way of ingenuity.

Back to VW slotcar content, please. This WAS a cool thread, till that garbage caused gross contamination.

~Sarge
mg

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 16:59:49 pm »

Fred chill, these are just toys.
Do you own a slot car or slot car track?
Show me your slot car pit box.   Undecided
Rennsurfer

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 07:01:30 am »

Fred chill, these are just toys.

Chill? HAHAHAHA! Mike, please return to being a legend in your own shower. The thread is obviously intended for VOLKSWAGEN slot cars. They're toys to some people. You, I guess. And they're a way of life for some of the more hard-core car enthusiasts. Try to remain focused on the thread content.

No, I no longer own slot cars. My Dad and I raced them during the late '60s till the early '70s at public tracks. I don't need to show you anything, so while we're on the subject of VOLKSWAGENS... show me your current Cal Look VW and not some picture of a Porsche that you poached from Google. By the way, nice pic of someone else's slot car collection. If you still have a problem with me... feel free to send me a private message or an e-mail (on my profile). That way, we can spare The Lounge of any drama.

Dig?

Back to VOLKSWAGEN slot cars:

(edit) Now THIS would be cool... take a Karmann Ghia body and spray it black or silverish-gray, like Roger's old car.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:08:53 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
mg

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 08:00:59 am »

Fred r u trolling Huh
Dont' know who you are, you think I know you?
I'm not a hater so this fizzles with your rants.
Race your VW slot cars with us sometime.
8 lanes no waiting!
I'll introduce you to the gang.
A few of them have hot vws too.
Good luck racing.

mg

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 08:28:56 am »

Here's one for you Fred.
It's called a "Womp", because that's the sound it makes when it hits the wall.
Only $50 a great starter car for you to get back into RACING slot cars.
I like seeing all the detailed slot tracks with the scale looking cars, but for my own taste it gets a little too much like model trains.
Roger will be tickled to hear your ambition to make a slot car recreation of his Ghia.
To really pull it off you'll need an OCIR drag strip/return road slot track configuration with staging lanes 8 wide full of VWs ready for a Bug In.   Cool

Rennsurfer

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 08:30:02 am »

Fred r u trolling Huh
Dont' know who you are, you think I know you?
I'm not a hater so this fizzles with your rants.

HAHAHA!!! Um, no... I don't engage in trolling, Mike. Try looking up the proper definition. Thank God that you don't know who I am. I was really/honestly hoping for that. And what, on this ball that we call Earth, ARE you talking about regarding "fizzles" and "rants"? Nothing that you type fizzles anything. And there's no ranting. Just a simple and logical observation in keeping a thread VW related. That's all.

Lastly, I haven't raced a slot car since the '70s. So have fun. I'm simply admiring the VW slot cars on this thread. Thanks for the laughs, however.

(disclaimer) Sorry to the rest of The Lounge members... hopefully, this thread can get back on it's rightful course. I'll bow out and allow Mike to control the traffic, here.

Grin

~Sarge
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 08:39:03 am »

(disclaimer) Sorry to the rest of The Lounge members... hopefully, this thread can get back on it's rightful course. I'll bow out and allow Mike to control the traffic, here.

Grin[/b]
Wooow! It's getting a little loose on turn 3! j/k  Grin
I'm also proud to say that NASCAR is great for people that love to watch the grass grow and eat possum for dinner. Just ain't for me! Lips Sealed

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
mg

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:20 am »

I'm not a NASCAR fan either.
But the slow/heavy/cheap slot cars can be fun to race.

One of the best races last year was American LeMans final race at Laguna Seca, that was awesome. Cool

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:49:09 am by MG » Logged
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 23:35:56 pm »

Hey "Fred"  Grin  Hope all is well dude.......... See you soon!!!

well..........since I'm not 12 years old anymore, these are the only toys I play with!!!!  Shocked  Wink   slot?? or slut??  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 23:37:34 pm by Carlos De Alba » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2009, 00:12:42 am »

Finally carlos, Somebody posted my three favorite things ! Sluts,Cars,AND RACEN.O-YA , Mark re-lax

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 01:34:39 am »

Hey "Fred"  Grin  Hope all is well dude.......... See you soon!!!

well..........since I'm not 12 years old anymore, these are the only toys I play with!!!!  Shocked  Wink   slot?? or slut??  Roll Eyes

HAHA!! That's funny, Carlos. Thanks... hope you're doing well, too. See ya very soon.

Mark re-lax

Danny, how about... no. My metabolism is too up there to relax. So, go relax for me. I'll relax when I start livin' like an old angry fart.

To keep this thread back in it's rightful place:

I'm sure a few of you are old enough to remember running Tyco and Aurora slot cars, yes? I had 'em both. Mostly, Porsche race stuff from the late '60s. I remember painting one up the same colors as the Gulf ones in Le Mans. We had to spray/brush the bodies from the inside. Good ol' lexan. Then, takin' them to the local public track and watching my Dad haul ass around the track. Great memories.

~Sarge

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 13:58:31 pm »

Just curious,
I have had the Pink Kar version of the Dan Gurney Inch Pincher for years, but just recently bought a Ninco version.
The biggest difference being the wheels and lack of bumpers.
Do these companies have anything to do wih each other ?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: