The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 22:37:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Isle of Man
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Isle of Man  (Read 3367 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« on: June 06, 2009, 01:22:35 am »

I don't know how they can go that fast with balls so big.
If anyone here keeps up, Cameron Donald did a lap average of 131.459mph (for 37 3/4 miles, if you didn't know. That's a few ticks over 17 minutes). John McGuinness did a 130.something, here's some video Shocked

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfYLuTld5aM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CfYLuTld5aM</a>

That was just practice. The time trials are this weekend Smiley
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:25:06 am by Zach Gomulka » Logged

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 04:25:36 am »

Thats probably one of the most serious motor cycle race's , Shit when something go's wrong it's bad.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
ESH

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:55:19 am »

Cameron's fast lap was pretty ragged in places as you'd expect when someone's just obliterated the previous fastest but he crashed during the last session so it's hard to know if he's going to be as committed or not. Whatever else though if the weather clears up it's going to be a great weeks racing.

Mint!  Cool
henk

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:33:20 pm »

Thats probably one of the most serious motor cycle race's , Shit when something go's wrong it's bad.

it sure is,but you have some more of those crazy races like NW 200 and the GP of macua the last one is more like monaco in the F1.

henk!!!
lawrence

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 23:06:28 pm »

There is going to be an american company there with an electric sport bike. I saw it featured on a local news station and the bike looks pretty f-in cool. Wonder how it will perform.

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 01:52:11 am »

Yep. Someone dies almost every year.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:24:47 am »

A older friends dad was champion there a few times when is was part of the world championship in the 40's

When its foggy on top of the mountain, which it is alot, they count the corners as they cant see a thing at 100 mph plus.

Dont know if you know what this means but basically they lean into the first corner count the amount of seconds to hold it. straighten up count the amount of seconds to run straight and then lean into the next, count the amount of second to hold it again etc etc  . Its a bit like pace-notes in a rally car but completely blind. These TT riders had big balls     

I thought he was taking the piss but, he showed me his old notes before was all stolen when someone broke in and nicked his trophies and memorabilia a few years back  Cry
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:26:28 am by rocket ron » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
flatfire

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 09:45:19 am »

The greatest race in the world in IMHO. I used to go over with my Dad in the late 60s.

Bob McIntyre was his mate. He broke into the 100mph lap first which was a massive achievement.

If anyone is interested I recommend Joey Dunlops book ''just Joey''. The most modest man to walk this earth maybe  Smiley

Cheers
Peter Vincent (named after the bike not the Saint) Christie
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 15:53:44 pm »

[/quote]

Yep. Someone dies almost every year.
[/quote]

mostly Germans

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter