The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 00:36:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Sweet ´65
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sweet ´65  (Read 4543 times)
JustinCase

« on: November 18, 2007, 03:51:23 am »

Just placed my car to the garage for the winter... Been driving it for 2 summers now with front and back lowered and the stock 1300cc at the back. At close to the end of this summer i bought a 1776cc motor, assembled by DooDah, and mounted the engine in my ´65. My goal is to transfer my ride a true cal-looker for the next summer ! Wink By now a have already installed the t-bars and the hot motor from DooDah + ordered some BRM´s from Midland Wheels . Interior is stock but i´m planning to have my car with Jaz-bucketseats, Flat-4 GT steering wheel + a Berg shifter. Here´s a few shots from my progress

Then I also have to put these on their places...

Here´s my goal by from a little help from BugSelecta
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 16:46:45 pm by JustinCase » Logged
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 13:46:28 pm »

I looks like your heading in the right direction. Post more pics as you make progress.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
JustinCase

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 16:46:17 pm »

I´ve been out of the garage for a while now, too much work and not enough spare time. But today i got a chance to visit in our garage and fitted the wheels.

Still i got to raise the rear and maybe lower the front a bit. But i also got two more months before the winter is over and the snow will be gone.  Grin
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 16:53:32 pm »

it's got great potential, and the brms work nicely with the colour. what's the name of the shade?
but what are those things above your bugselecta pic?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
JustinCase

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 17:10:05 pm »

Thanks Diederick ! Actually i don´t know the colorcode of my car, previous owner did the paintjob before i bought it. I have to put a better picture of the car, so you can really see what it looks when outside. Those "things" comes under the cylinders, because i no longer have the original cylinder cover plates.
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 17:13:26 pm »

ah ok, i'd never seen that kind.
well, i can't fit anything that large under the cylinders i guess due to my merged header.

keep up the good work. get that back end up, lower the front and tad and you've made a giant leap forward  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
JustinCase

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 17:27:05 pm »

Thank´s for the encouragement ! From here you can see the paint a bit better. That´s a nice row of ´65 bugs.  Grin
(mine´s third from the left)
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 17:28:11 pm »

looks like ruby red to me.

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
JustinCase

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 17:33:20 pm »

Yep, that´s what i think also. I kind of remember that the previous owner said he painted it in original color. Anyway, i think it looks good. That´s the most important thing.  Grin
JustinCase

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 00:55:28 am »

Found one more pic of my car, this is from last summer. Show´s a little bit better the paint job.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: