The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 22:50:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350738 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My race bug project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My race bug project  (Read 2235 times)
Sam K

« on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:45 am »

Here's my low budget race bug project. It's a "back burner" car for sure though, as I have several other projects, both car and house that I would like to finish first. Also, I plan on building it all with parts I find for cheap. So far I've got nearly all of the parts for a mean 1776 and a bus IRS gearbox with one of those Bus-Into-Bug kits from Berg.

This car started out as really clean '73 standard Bug that I found for my brother when he turned 16 in 2002. It already had eight spokes, disc brakes, dropped spindles, sway bars, and a strong running 1600. Six months or so after me got it, he ran into the back of a truck and destroyed the body. The only replacement Bug we could find at the time was a fairly straight 63 with no engine, interior, or title (it had been abandoned). We swapped the pans and my brother had a car again. He drove it for a few more years, but eventually lost interest and bought a truck. It sat at our parents house for a year or so until they told him top get rid of it, so I bought it. I figure it will make the perfeat drag car since it has IRS so I can put the Bus box in it very easily. I'll probably finish it up in a couple years. Until then, whenever any of my friends need to borrow a car, this is what they get.  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: