The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 16:53:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350743 Posts in 28584 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Scc 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Scc 2008  (Read 138561 times)
richie

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2008, 20:57:04 pm »

When we travel from denmark which is the best way to go? and to where,thanks

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2008, 21:11:46 pm »

cheers richie,uk

4 ways;

1) Ferry from Denmark to Kristiansand and then the drive from Kr.Sand to Gardermoen/Oslo (320km)
2) Ferry from Denmark to Oslo (rumours has it that this route is to be shut down soon)
3) Ferry from Denmark to Larvik and then drive to Oslo (150km)
4) Drive over the 7850 meter long Øresund bridge between Denmark to Sweden and then drive from Malmoe Sweden to Oslo (650km) This is the cheapest way (if you have a car and trailer the ferries can be quite expensive) and the roads are good (you did this trip when you visited JPM dyno day)

Best rgs
Kalle
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:38:59 am by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2008, 05:18:23 am »

Prics From  Hirtshals Danmark to Larvik and back too Danmark is 200pound for you  Webb.i think same for Joe also.
Car with Trailer both way.
Magne
nicolas

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2008, 21:40:00 pm »

cheers richie,uk

hey i was thinking of going on a longer ferry. to catch up some sleep and have a meal. not just drive the whole thing. but prices are a big issue. i have convinced the family to come allong so i guess the trip has to be planned.

richie

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2008, 23:44:07 pm »

Prics From  Hirtshals Danmark to Larvik and back too Danmark is 200pound for you  Webb.i think same for Joe also.
Magne

Magne,does it cost anything on the bridge? and how much longer will it take that way?

That view of the bridge looks awsome,I like the idea of driving over that,maybe unhitch the cab and drive over roof down Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2008, 00:30:35 am »

Magne

Magne,does it cost anything on the bridge? and how much longer will it take that way?

That view of the bridge looks awsome,I like the idea of driving over that,maybe unhitch the cab and drive over roof down Smiley

cheers richie,uk

A few of us have also been talking about going over that bridge it looks like an AWSOME drive, might get a bit dafty in the Manx though  Shocked Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2008, 05:00:07 am »

Hi Richie,
Prics for Bridge for you i think will coast 55-60Pound.(550-600DKR)
AND the will take you 5-7 hours driving more Roll Eyes
the are on more Bridge in Danmark for you.
I will set  som Route too you.
See you EBI

Magne
JS

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2008, 07:35:36 am »

The thing about the bridge is that it´s the fastest alternative, and probably also the cheapest. I´ve driven over it a couple of times, it´s VERY cool!  Grin
BUT! If you take a ferry you can really kick back and get good sleep and some nice food. And of course you get to be on the "Lounge Deck"  Cheesy
Lee, you KNOW the Manx can take it!

Signature.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2008, 08:27:46 am »

Richie,
Alt 1.
Ferry,Harwich -Esbjerg (DFDS seaways)
3-4 hours driving Danmark,
Ferry from Hirthals Larvik (Norway)

Alt 2.
Ferry,Harwich -Esbjerg
Bridge Storebelt
Bridge Øresund.

Nicolas,for you and Other Callooksfans,
Alt 1.  Ferry from Kiel too Oslo.

Alt 2.Ferry from Hirthals (Danmark) too Larvik Norway.

Alt3. Feryy from Puttgarden -Rørby (Danmark) Scandilines.
1-1,5 Hours driving.
Bridge Øresund
Sweden too Oslo 600Km Grin

Magne
richie

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2008, 18:03:06 pm »

Richie,
Alt 1.
Ferry,Harwich -Esbjerg (DFDS seaways)
3-4 hours driving Danmark,
Ferry from Hirthals Larvik (Norway)

Alt 2.
Ferry,Harwich -Esbjerg
Bridge Storebelt
Bridge Øresund.

Nicolas,for you and Other Callooksfans,
Alt 1.  Ferry from Kiel too Oslo.

Alt 2.Ferry from Hirthals (Danmark) too Larvik Norway.

Alt3. Feryy from Puttgarden -Rørby (Danmark) Scandilines.
1-1,5 Hours driving.
Bridge Øresund
Sweden too Oslo 600Km Grin

Magne

Thanks Mags but we will come over Dover to Calais and meet up with anyone else travelling up through europe:-)

So the choices we have are Ferry from Kiel to Oslo,how much ?and how long from Belgium?

or Ferry from hirthals to Larvik, how much ?and how long from Belgium?

or Ferry from puttgarden- Rorby then bridge,how much ?and how long from Belgium?

basically which one is cheapest and which is shortest?
We will allow 2 days i think to travel

cheers richie

nicolas

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2008, 22:09:38 pm »

i agree with two days of travelling. that sounds like a good trip. nice to see that you take belgium as your starting point  Grin
i will try to figure out some more as well.
and lee, you wont notice the draft after a trip like that. think of it as spraying axe deodorant under your armpits by then.  Grin

edit: what would it cost to fly to Gardemoen? i was maybe thinking of flying my wife and son over if the journey is too long... not as cool, but maybe an option... Gardemoen is the airport so that might be easier for them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 22:16:42 pm by nicolas » Logged
JS

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2008, 22:38:26 pm »

Nicolas, I just checked on www.sas.no, the biggest Norwegian airline.
Economy ticket round trip about 180€ per person from Brussels.
Really looking forward to see you and your family there!!!  Grin
I plan my roadtrips using www.viamichelin.com

Signature.
nicolas

« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2008, 15:00:33 pm »

i think we have a solution to the long trip to go up there... my wife and son will be flying in and i will drive there with the english cars, just to make sure they stay on the right side of the road  Grin and we will come back on a longer trip with more stops and travel around a bit more. so is that strip still near Oslo airport and when is everybody planning to arrive at Gardemoen? i want to know because i have to pick up my family and all that, and book the flights. brussels airlines is not too expensive.
the only thing i wont be able to do is race as my car will have to make the trip back and it looks harder to have the car registered fully. seems like others can benefit more of the registration then me... but i still hope i could race there...
richie

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2008, 16:55:40 pm »

i think we have a solution to the long trip to go up there... my wife and son will be flying in and i will drive there with the english cars, just to make sure they stay on the right side of the road  Grin and we will come back on a longer trip with more stops and travel around a bit more. so is that strip still near Oslo airport and when is everybody planning to arrive at Gardemoen? i want to know because i have to pick up my family and all that, and book the flights. brussels airlines is not too expensive.
the only thing i wont be able to do is race as my car will have to make the trip back and it looks harder to have the car registered fully. seems like others can benefit more of the registration then me... but i still hope i could race there...

Sounds good to me,we were planning a sight seeing tour on the way back for the Americans Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2008, 20:08:43 pm »

Sounds like a good plan Smiley The raceway is next to the airport, 5-10 min from the terminal, so there will be no problem picking up your family.
Smiley

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2008, 21:25:10 pm »

Some links that might help...

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 22:23:32 pm by Trond Dahl » Logged

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2008, 21:56:50 pm »

Sounds good to me,we were planning a sight seeing tour on the way back for the Americans Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Sounds good dude - can I join in  Huh Smiley

richie

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2008, 21:59:44 pm »

cheers richie,uk

we were planning to come by you place on the way to the ferry,its the first sightseeing stop Cheesy  Will call you next week or 2 when i am back,cheers richie

WhiteTrash

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2008, 23:37:21 pm »

Richie

Here is a link to all the different routes with crossingtimes etc I looked at before. You have to put Euros as currency to pay in to get the information.
And for a change they are not ripping us off on the english website. I've checked prices on the Danish websites (I can just make out the language and find my way round) and thery are the same after the exchange (they still have Kroners no Euros here)

http://www.directferries.co.uk/norway.htm

Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
Lee.C

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2008, 01:30:38 am »

cheers richie,uk

we were planning to come by you place on the way to the ferry,its the first sightseeing stop Cheesy  Will call you next week or 2 when i am back,cheers richie

cool I'll be waiting by the phone  Wink Smiley ps you found that "CORVA" stuff you mentioned  Huh Wink Smiley

richie

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2008, 01:36:41 am »

cool I'll be waiting by the phone  Wink Smiley ps you found that "CORVA" stuff you mentioned  Huh Wink Smiley

Just trying to get him to part with it,will bring back what I got;-)

cheers richie

nicolas

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2008, 06:54:52 am »

this all sounds so nice. that really makes my day allready. feel free to all stop at my house as well for a freshup and a meal. if i know who is comming i get the charcoal and veggiburgers.  Grin
richie

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2008, 21:36:40 pm »

this all sounds so nice. that really makes my day allready. feel free to all stop at my house as well for a freshup and a meal. if i know who is comming i get the charcoal and veggiburgers.  Grin

Hey nicolas,thanks for the offer but we are all Meaterterians here Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Jon
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2008, 22:31:02 pm »

Some links that might help...

Forgot to mention that the lines are clikable for more info on the ferry/bridge....
Wow I just have to say that I would love to see this mad convoy going north...  Shocked
I keep hearing the Belgians will join in... but where are the evidence? Time to Scrape the Autobahns....right?? Grin

nicolas

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2008, 07:16:20 am »

Hey nicolas,thanks for the offer but we are all Meaterterians here Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

i'll hunt down a cow for you if you really want to. seen plenty of those here. so when are you guys passing good ol' Belgium?
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 08:25:25 am »

The VW event season has started for sure here in Europe!
And the SCC promotion tour as well  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:27:41 am by Berger » Logged

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
EspenX

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2008, 21:48:19 pm »

There is one more ferry option I can't see mentioned - Copenhagen-Oslo with DFDS Seaways. Should be less driving in Denmark if you arrive in Esbjerg. http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/dsw/en
richie

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2008, 02:07:23 am »

so does anyone know if we will  have a Finnish turbo car there???  S ofar we have 9sec cars from norway,sweden and england Wink   Jyrki are you out there ?? Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

JS

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2008, 07:28:48 am »

There are rumors of several Finnish cars. This gasser built in 1978 is one of them: http://luftsick.blogspot.com/2008/04/kostos-30th-anniversary.html
We´re really hoping for a good turn up from Finland and the incredible fast cars over there!

Signature.
Jon
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2008, 08:52:16 am »

Looks like a certain flat black fastback will turn up to... with 4 or 5 friends... and thats the 9 sec type of friends...
Could we get a full stage of 9 sec cars...??   

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: