The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 19:19:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350786 Posts in 28591 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Narrowed rear axle question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Narrowed rear axle question  (Read 1686 times)
Greasy Dave

« on: August 18, 2013, 10:47:18 am »

Good morning,i have given myself a little treat of some CB Performance 3" shorter than "short" rear axles for my Beetle.Guess I just shorten my short outer axle tubes 3 inches too ?
I have early plus late stuff at my disposal.I am running Porsche pattern late drums,do I still use the early bearing carrier and a spacer between drum and nut to tighten it up.
Is there anyway I could use later long axle tubes narrowed down ? My wheels have a massive back space and its tight between tire and springplate and a wheelspacer is my last resort.

Many thanks Dave
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:35:53 pm »

Since you are narrowing the torsion housing you can deside for yourself. By using the late outer cast end you would have to shorten the torsion tube even more, leaving the spring plates even further in. It will require some creative bodywork in the wheel housing to get the body to attach to the moved chockabsorber "arms".

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Greasy Dave

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 13:23:13 pm »

With a 3" transmission and 3" torsion housing raise ,theres a lot of chopping going on Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: