The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 00:41:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Harvey Rosenthal's 66 - Any pic's ???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Harvey Rosenthal's 66 - Any pic's ???  (Read 6798 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: August 05, 2007, 22:36:37 pm »

As the title say guys I am looking for some MORE pic's of Harvey Rosenthal's 1966 Cal Looker - There is only a few in The Bible and there are a few cool things on this car I like and I would love to see some more detailed pic's  Smiley

Come on guys show me what you've got  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:10:47 am »

As you know I don't carry my bible with me at the moment.
But isn't that the red 66 with american racing mags we were talking about the other day?

Very nice, i like  Grin

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 20:06:59 pm »

no picture here lee sorry  Roll Eyes same as randy welch not enought picture about that car  ,may be old dkp guys had some picures
cheers
fabian

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 00:51:31 am »

Thanks anyway dude - Anyone else  Huh Huh Huh

Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:01:54 am »

A friend of mine owned the car after Harvey .It was painted white w/ the polished American 5's  He won or r/u his class @ 1 of the Bug In's or Drag Days w/ it in the real early 80's.  In the DKK article by Stephan in VW trends & Ultra  there is a pic of a maroon vert w/ Americans on it.  Those are the same wheels.  The vert was owned by Glenn Gaskey  & the wheels owned by Jim Kitasaki who owned Harvey's old car.     Glenn is DKP's newest member as of yesterday,  congratulations  Glenn.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 14:39:06 pm »

bill have you a  picture   of his ride  Grin
thanks
fabian

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 18:50:43 pm »

here's the car you're talking wheen you were in the DKK  Wink

fabian

LuftsickTero

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 17:49:23 pm »

In the DKK article by Stephan in VW trends & Ultra  there is a pic of a maroon vert w/ Americans on it.  Those are the same wheels.  The vert was owned by Glenn Gaskey

Does anyone remember which issues Trends or Ultra had the article? Anyone with more photos of that 'Vert?

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 18:29:57 pm »

The vert was mine back in the early eighties. It ran on stock wheels (sleeper mode), the Americans and lastly on alloys. It had a pretty stout 48 motor, a non freeway gearbox and made many V8 guys pissed. I'll scan in some pics as soon as I can.

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 19:41:08 pm »

of course i rememnber tero i will do this for you  Wink
fabian

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 19:53:18 pm »

it was the august 2003  Grin

LuftsickTero

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 20:20:08 pm »

it was the august 2003  Grin

thanks buddy  Wink

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 07:26:46 am »

My scanner is f@#%ed up right now, but I'm stll trying to load some pics of the vert and the rasberry ghia. Hey Jim, I'll also get some pics of my curret ride up too. You might notice (when you see the pics) that the (cal)LOOK of my cars has not changed much in 20+ years. Cal Look is Cal Look. Slanted, clean, fast, unique and 48's!

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 18:22:10 pm »

i hurry to see your ride and the old pictures Tongue

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 07:03:35 am »

Hey Glenn, Congrats on getting into DKP!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 16:54:59 pm »

A friend of mine owned the car after Harvey .It was painted white w/ the polished American 5's  He won or r/u his class @ 1 of the Bug In's or Drag Days w/ it in the real early 80's.  In the DKK article by Stephan in VW trends & Ultra  there is a pic of a maroon vert w/ Americans on it.  Those are the same wheels.  The vert was owned by Glenn Gaskey  & the wheels owned by Jim Kitasaki who owned Harvey's old car.     Glenn is DKP's newest member as of yesterday,  congratulations  Glenn.

Bill if I remember correctly Harveys car was Burgandy? It was originally purchased by John Leslie, a friend of Bill Demoss (DKP II white ghia) and wrecked pretty hard in the front. John replaced the shell with another shell and painted it white without any interior. (drag race style) 1835CC with 48's and it hauled ass. Jim Kitasaki bought it from John. We put the old VW carcass on the roof of our high school with an port-o-potty next to it. (I don't remember why?Huh) The car got dissasembled and sold off, real shame and we still don't know what happened to the wheels. Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Nitro Alley Cat

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 17:37:36 pm »

Here is the only photo I have of the car when I had it. This was from from Hot VW's Drag Day 7. I believe it was 1981 and the car was R/U in Bracket 2. This photo was taken after the event during fun runs. Gary Berg and Cathy from Berg's, in Clyde's old Ghia. The car was sold after this pass to a guy in Irvine without the American's. It was later sold twice after and I lost track of the car. The wheels were sold to Dennis Unrein one of the owners of V&W Tires in Orange. As far as I know he still has them. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 17:39:57 pm by Nitro Alley Cat » Logged
Lee.C

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 23:28:32 pm »

COOOOOOOOL more cal look history  Grin

johnl

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 23:54:02 pm »

Wow, I haven't posted in a bit, but find this interesting.  The American's on Harvey's car were taken from my Butternut car after I sold it to some yokel and he proceeded to roll it within 6 months of ownership.  I'm still sick when I think about that one. 

In recent times Harvey and I have met face to face and had discussions about the cars and those wheels.  Originally there were five of them with the Butternut car.  They were all new when I installed them as they came from the Haydon/Lazenby purchase of the remaining inventory from American Racing.  Harvey told me that one had very bad road rash from the accident, but he purchased all five for $125.00 I think, try doing that today.   Angry Angry Angry

I didn't realize until reading all of this that the wheels had gone though that many owners and wonder where they are today.  At one time I thought that Dyno Don had them, but not sure of that anymore.

Next time I see Harvey, usually at Cars & Coffee on Saturday mornings I'll ask if he can provide more photos of his car.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Lee.C

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 00:55:28 am »

Good to hear from you John  Smiley

Nitro Alley Cat

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 21:26:21 pm »

johnl you are correct. There were 5 wheels when I sold them. 4 were polished with the hex caps, the spare had natural mag look with if I remember correctly the center painted black. There was no center cap with that wheel. The lugs were not a tapered seat lug but a shouldered lug with studs.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 21:43:18 pm by Nitro Alley Cat » Logged
johnl

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 20:49:19 pm »

johnl you are correct. There were 5 wheels when I sold them. 4 were polished with the hex caps, the spare had natural mag look with if I remember correctly the center painted black. There was no center cap with that wheel. The lugs were not a tapered seat lug but a shouldered lug with studs.

When I purchased the wheels new I took them to Sihilling in Santa Ana and the outer rim was polished.  The centers were left natural for a short time and then all five were painted with a dark brown to match the interior and sunroof of the car.  All five had hex caps.  You mention the "spare" with a natural look.  That is different than when I had them.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Nitro Alley Cat

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 23:19:30 pm »

The lip could have been polished at one time, but it was heavily oxidized. It had about 4" of the outer lip ground away. I believe John Lesley had the wheels totally polished and cleared, as I remember the clear starting to check. The spare was never fully polished when I got it. I tucked it away in the garage untill I sold the car.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: