The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 23:25:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350727 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Clutch Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clutch Problem  (Read 1389 times)
Senfsepp

« on: June 06, 2016, 19:58:15 pm »

Guys,

I need your help, I was driving a short round in my bug this evening and suddenly the clutch pedal was so tough to press, no play left. Could change gears normally only the clutch pedal pressure increased dramatically. Drove home and released the clutch cable a little bit to open up the play, the pedal pressure decreased heavily. What could be the issue?

I think generally that the pedal pressure was higher once the clutch was new. Is it possible that the spring plates get partially stuck, decreasing the pressure onto the clutch plate and also onto the pedal?

Clutch pressure plate is a Kennedy Stage 2.

Thanks in advance!
Martin S.

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 20:37:15 pm »

I had a problem where the shaft circlip inside the housing snapped and the cross shaft shifted out of the housing. I could push it back and forth from outside. Take a look at your cross shaft and lever.

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: