The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 16:05:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350784 Posts in 28591 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  early original speedwell steering wheel- pending further investigation LOL 😀
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: early original speedwell steering wheel- pending further investigation LOL 😀  (Read 3264 times)
restojohnny

« on: June 15, 2016, 20:52:33 pm »

Shocked BACK UP FOR SALE Shocked
This is a very early original speedwell steering wheel w/lucas horn button. Fits 60 and later/newer vw steering shafts. The upper and lower hubs are clean. Some slight scuffs but will polish out very nice. The spokes are also clean and straight. The wood rim has a small crack that can easily be repaired with wood filler and re-stained or use as is. The steering wheel is very SOLID no worries on it falling apart at all. It's a very nice steering wheel for it's 50 plus years of age.

I am asking only $550.00 shipped within the U.S. Overseas please add another $50.00 for Usps air shipping
  [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 15:21:15 pm by restojohnny » Logged

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 22:17:02 pm »

Hmm get a repro or grab this ....ahh TEMPTATION
restojohnny

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 00:15:04 am »

Hmm get a repro or grab this ....ahh TEMPTATION

Oh just grab it  Grin

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
restojohnny

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 14:32:32 pm »

Back up for sale the previous person that purchased wheel had a family emergency so  he could not purchase wheel anymore so it's back up for sale  Cool

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 20:03:40 pm »

johnny sorry to say that , but for me it's not a speedwell steering wheel
speedwell were formula  steering wheel , and there had 5 holes in each spokes , and they're more deep dish
here's an advertising in the 66 empi catalog

and here's the 67 advertising

and here's mine

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
restojohnny

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 15:13:49 pm »

This steering wheel is much earlier than the ones listed in the later 66-67 catalogues you have posted and that everyone has seen for years Fabs.  I purchased this wheel from the original owner who purchased this new in 1960.  I've purchased numerous early rare vintage speed parts from this person  for over 25 years now and he's always been spot on. I agree that with out actual proof in a catalogue or any other literature maybe I shouldn't sell it as a speedwell steering wheel but considering the person I purchased this from I trust in what he tells me it is 100% there is only 2 differences when compared to the not so rare and to me the very common later speedwell steering wheels listed in the literature you have posted on my ad and that's the 5th hole on the spoke and the smaller top hub that acepts the smaller Lucas horn button used before they went with the larger top hub to use with the very common stock diameter Vw horn button.  Other than that they are dished the same have the same bottom hub and weigh the same and have the exact wood rim.  This all told to me by the individual I purchased the steering wheel from and confirmed to me by a few more collectors that I know that have been collecting since the 50'ties now with that said original designs are always improved on over the years and that's fact nothing remains the same it is all improved on and that applies to everything. To say that my steering wheel is NOT a speedwell wheel because it looks nothing like the one listed in the later catalogues does not make my wheel a speedwell steering wheel.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 15:20:48 pm by restojohnny » Logged

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
Corné

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:11:25 pm »

Hello Restojohnny,

So far i now is this steering wheel a Springalex.
This is or was a UK manufactorer.
I have the same one for my car en someone that i now and seen it in his car has also the same and by his there is a little sticker on it whit the name Springalex.

Gr, Corné 
restojohnny

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 16:45:35 pm »

Hello Restojohnny,

So far i now is this steering wheel a Springalex.
This is or was a UK manufactorer.
I have the same one for my car en someone that i now and seen it in his car has also the same and by his there is a little sticker on it whit the name Springalex.

Gr, Corné 

Hi corne. There is no sticker but anything is possible just trying to find literature for it as it would be nice to identify the steering wheel.  As I have had one in the past but sold with a car I restored.  I will look into that manufacturer of steering wheel and see what comes of it. THANKYOU for your input it is very much appreciated  Smiley

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: