The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:18:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  can a guy still buy factory VW windshields new?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: can a guy still buy factory VW windshields new?  (Read 2222 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: April 15, 2008, 04:36:54 am »

My windshield looks like crap. I want a new VW one. Can I still buy one for 1965 & later?
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 05:45:21 am »

Not that I know of, Jim. But don't hold me to that. There might be a slight chance of finding one at either a VW dealer with old stock and also at a glass shop or swap meet. I'd check 'em all... ya never know. Since being back in this realm again, I've found that some things are still being produced. Other things are just too hard to locate. But something like that should be easier to find, I'm guessing. Especially because it's an item that wears out and/or breaks. Good luck in your search.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:55:03 am »

My windshield looks like crap. I want a new VW one. Can I still buy one for 1965 & later?

I dunno but I need one too!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:06:25 pm »

I would have thought so - they're the same as Mexican Bugs, so why not? I got a new laminated screen for my Ghia - the toughened one "let go" at 85mph in the fast lane of a motorway, so if I was buying a new screen it would have to be a laminated one. Only thing was it wasn't VW - it was made by Pilkingtons (I think they're a UK-based glass company).

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: