The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 22:39:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Big up to Lee @ Kraftwerk and John (63 ragtop)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Big up to Lee @ Kraftwerk and John (63 ragtop)  (Read 1617 times)
jamiep_jamiep

« on: April 24, 2008, 09:49:35 am »

The Oval is now properly on the road (well, kind of) and I'm now using it to get to work and back to try and rack up some miles in it. Just wanted to say thanks to Lee for helping me drop the engine, porting the heads and helping me to get it running OK once I'd fitted it.

The saga of my butter fingered clumsiness which nearly wrecked my engine is on the blog linked at the bottom. Click the SAS RENN WAGENS thingy.

Cheers to John too for all the advice and sourcing me bits at short notice - in the end I ran out of time to fit the line lock John, and don't wanna mess with the brakes so close to Big Bang! I'll get it on in the next couple of weeks.

And an apology to Tom for nearly killing him twice in one night - first time I pulled out on a taxi driver outside my house who was not amused (rightly so!) and the second time I gave it too much stick pulling off and ended up on the wrong side of the road, only just in the right direction. Sorry Tom for the brown trouser moments dude...

And big thanks to those who offered there help to get me to Big Bang - even though I didn't take the offers up in the end it was nice to know the support was there! Cheers Bertus, Mark, Peach et al!

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:50:31 am »

Worth all the effort!

Gaz1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 20:00:01 pm »

Glad you are up and running again mate,see you at the pod  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: