The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 23:59:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Motor seems to sit too high .
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Motor seems to sit too high .  (Read 2474 times)
RobtheManx

« on: November 18, 2016, 13:46:03 pm »

Hi everyone , I'm not sure if its my imagination or not , but my motor seems to sit quite high in the engine bay . The rocker covers are almost impossible to remove .

Its a 2180 , so long stroke , but high comp so I didnt think its that much wider than stock . the rocker cover bolt on over studs so that makes it a bit tougher .

It has a heavy duty trans cradle , and heavy duty mounts , but I cant think of any other reason it would sit higher , any ideas ?

Maybe Im just used to buggies and race cars , where there is no bodywork in the way when fitting the motor !

Thanks , Rob

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
leec

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 14:00:29 pm »

If you are using an aftermarket rear trans braket (below bell housing) it does raise the motor in my experience. The bugpack type was quite a bit different when I used one. I remember Pete Roberts at funkenblitz use to weld the two holes up and re drill.

One note also, with that part fitted the engine seems significantly harder to connect to the box as well.
A part I was more than happy to replace
Lee
RobtheManx

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 19:40:03 pm »

Ah that could explain it then , its been a while since I put a motor in , but I don't remember it being that hard !

RobtheManx

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 19:41:17 pm »

So I fitted my mid mount to suit the cradle , I guess just some spacing washers should sort that tho hopefully .

leec

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 19:46:06 pm »

When I changed the bell housing mount the mid mount was ok with new one
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: