The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 23:31:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Gene Berg shifter handle removal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gene Berg shifter handle removal  (Read 4426 times)
Vdubchef

« on: November 26, 2016, 15:22:20 pm »

Got a Berg 60% speed shifter and want to change the shifter handle. How does it come off? Have taken the shifter out of the car and loosen the two allen screws on the handle. It just rotates but doesn't come out. Is there some trick I should know of?
Also would like to know how do I get the new one on place?

Chef
richie

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 15:49:08 pm »

You need to release the reverse button from the cable, push the button in and watch the pin at the bottom go upwards, then hold the pin/cable upwards and release button, the button then should slide out. You can now remove handle, fitting new one is reverse Smiley

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Vdubchef

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 19:09:42 pm »

Thanks Richie! Got it!

Chef
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 23:44:18 pm »

Does anyone know if Berg sell spare parts for shifters? Somewhere I've got an early RHD handle and somewhere else I've got a shifter without a handle, grub screws and button. It's all academic because I've no clue where they are, but it'd be nice to know if I can get the screws and button just in case the other bits turn up!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
richie

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 08:46:47 am »

Does anyone know if Berg sell spare parts for shifters? Somewhere I've got an early RHD handle and somewhere else I've got a shifter without a handle, grub screws and button. It's all academic because I've no clue where they are, but it'd be nice to know if I can get the screws and button just in case the other bits turn up!

Yes

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Neil Davies

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 19:24:50 pm »

Cheers Richie! One of these fine days I'll have a proper look for it and get the bits ordered.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
karl h

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:16 am »

communication with berg works like a charm (via mail), just gor my bus shifter. you still get ZOTZ Grin, but there is no more customer number  Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: