The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 21:52:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Angle flow heads available again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Angle flow heads available again  (Read 125798 times)
ugly duckling

« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2008, 00:36:49 am »

thanks for sharing roman. what no angle flows to display with that case . oh thats right your running those foreign models  Tongue  Wink  UD..

karl h

« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2008, 06:40:59 am »

does every aluminum case have to be welded at no 2 cylinder spigot for a 4" bore?
in my waterboxercase i was able to do it without welding
i bought two CB pentroofcases to do a custom headstudpattern and not have to weld ( i have to space the porsche nickies 2mm apart)
sorry for the bad (cellphone) pic. this is the 3/4 side but you get the idea of how much material was left on the 1/2 side

TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2008, 14:39:22 pm »

I don't think you absolutly HAVE to, but from this photo I'd say it's a good idea just to be sure there is a good sealing surface.

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Marty

« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2008, 15:57:27 pm »

The CB case has MUCH more "deck meat".
Airspeed

« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2008, 21:33:02 pm »

Damn ... what kinda cylinders er them??? Cool
Them er real perty ...
Deutz cylinders, right UD?  Grin

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
ugly duckling

« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2008, 22:11:23 pm »

righto airspeed. thanks to the nice gents across the pond . UD.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 22:26:26 pm by ugly duckling » Logged

Jim Ratto

« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2008, 22:16:07 pm »

wait, 250cu in is 4.1 liters.

Shocked
ugly duckling

« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2008, 23:43:41 pm »

well guys and gals for now we are continuing like always to port the angleflow heads by hand. i never did stop. we just had a vision of just maybe my life could be a bit easyer but no such luck. posibley in 2009 if me and my partner tim aka 58vw can swing a new cnc machine we will do so. as to not to step on anybodys toes in the industry. to many politics floating in the air NO THANK YOU. so until then theres nothing like smelling burnt chinies dye grinders in the early AM UM UM good.gota do whats ya gota do .UD.   

Tony Wilkie

« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2008, 01:46:39 am »

well guys and gals for now we are continuing like always to port the angleflow heads by hand. i never did stop. we just had a vision of just maybe my life could be a bit easyer but no such luck. posibley in 2009 if me and my partner tim aka 58vw can swing a new cnc machine we will do so. as to not to step on anybodys toes in the industry. to many politics floating in the air NO THANK YOU. so until then theres nothing like smelling burnt chinies dye grinders in the early AM UM UM good.gota do whats ya gota do .UD.   

Are there no cnc shops willing to work with you? You have done all the hard work!

tw

Operations Trask Manufacturing
Design, Prototype, & Dyno Tune Custom Motorcycle Exhaust
TexasTom

« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2008, 02:04:49 am »

Well, I'd like to see the use of CNC just to save Jeff some time and get more of these motors out there ... but to tell the truth I'd rather be able to say, "Yep, Jeff Denham did them by hand. They're art."

Work, work, WORK!

Marty

« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2008, 16:27:44 pm »

. "Yep, Jeff Denham did them by hand. They're art."

ABSOLUTELY!
Roman

« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2008, 18:53:19 pm »

here is one im saving for a rainy day. a machinest nightmare but deffenetly a chalenge.this will be my next pump gas street engine. one of these years. some of you know whos brand case it is. i wont reveail the name. defenetly i feel a stout type 1 foundation.this will be 215INCHES of hold on tight pleasure. go ahead say it cant be done thats ok. thats what some people said about my other misconfigured beast. UD.

The case is made by Jimmy, right? Looks promising!
ugly duckling

« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2008, 20:51:02 pm »

not jimmys case . gusse again.

Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2008, 20:57:07 pm »

. "Yep, Jeff Denham did them by hand. They're art."

ABSOLUTELY!

All off them.

Done ? Not Yet.
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2008, 22:04:51 pm »

must get alot of black stuff in ya nose. Big boogers in the morning.
58vw

« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2008, 22:47:22 pm »

Are there no cnc shops willing to work with you? You have done all the hard work!

tw

we have met with a few and talked to many many others. The few we have met with already have a previous commitment to other shops and/ or are doing there own thing with the heads. Since this is a free enterprise country more power to them, just myself and Jeff would rather not be involved as not to step on any toes. So we will see what works out in the future....in the mean time my good friend will continue to do what he has always done...a killer set of HAND PORTED HEADS. We are commited to see this head and the 4" bore thru and make it available to the masses. we have plenty of heads in stock and cases ready to be set up for your 4" pleasure.

The 4inbore street car is close to being back on the streets and the track soon.

Tim

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Tony Wilkie

« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2008, 07:27:23 am »

not jimmys case . gusse again.

Looks like the one Fred was working on...dropped cam right?

tw

Tony Wilkie

« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2008, 07:36:35 am »

tw

we have met with a few and talked to many many others. The few we have met with already have a previous commitment to other shops and/ or are doing there own thing with the heads. Since this is a free enterprise country more power to them, just myself and Jeff would rather not be involved as not to step on any toes. So we will see what works out in the future....in the mean time my good friend will continue to do what he has always done...a killer set of HAND PORTED HEADS. We are commited to see this head and the 4" bore thru and make it available to the masses. we have plenty of heads in stock and cases ready to be set up for your 4" pleasure.

The 4inbore street car is close to being back on the streets and the track soon.

Tim

OK...I just think Jeff is one of the best in the business!
It would be cool to have a cnc,  machine  a set of HIS killler heads.
It's hard work porting heads!

tw

58vw

« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2008, 20:03:06 pm »

OK...I just think Jeff is one of the best in the business!
It would be cool to have a cnc,  machine  a set of HIS killler heads.
It's hard work porting heads!

tw

[/quote]

Ya that is the point, lot of work and time and only one person doing it, so the machine would be very beneifical for the bulk of the work and than get fine tuned by jeff from there.

www.4inbore.com
ugly duckling

« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2008, 20:07:19 pm »

maybe.not gonna say.

TexasTom

« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2008, 00:04:10 am »

Dang, that's a project.
Measure 25 times and cut/drill once!
What's it look like on the inside, UD?

Work, work, WORK!

Tony Wilkie

« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2008, 03:36:48 am »

maybe.not gonna say.

Hey Jeff,
Could you please move that cylinder that is in the way.  Grin
I would like to see the name that was suppose to be cast near the sump  Wink

I always thought that the was going to be "THE CASE" to have  Cool

tw

ugly duckling

« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2008, 06:20:44 am »

hey tony. i to would like to see the case come into action deffently a bitchen block. im willing to invest in the project with the good guy that started it. will just call him mr.magazine mateiral mopar. when i get time wich is not to often i will machine as much as i can with my milling ability and will see. UD.

TexasTom

« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:04 am »

Hey UD! Got any updates for us on the "Street" port??? Flow numbers???
Are mine done??? Grin Grin Shocked

Work, work, WORK!

ugly duckling

« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:54 am »

hello tom. i will get back on it as soon as i can(THE TEST HEAD) ive got a couple of tractors engins ive got to finsh assemble first then i will be back. you have a good one tom.           THE UGLY F/N DUCKLING.. Wink

Marty

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2008, 17:12:09 pm »

I got the first set of the previous generation finished with the Crower rocker setup.
I am working on the new generation now.

ugly duckling

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2008, 01:31:09 am »

looking SEXY there marty rockers fit nice in the valve cover area did you get much or any warpage when you welded the block? its bolted on to right? 1.7 ratio?.   thanks for sharing. looken good .  Wink  UD.

Marty

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:21 am »

No they were allredy quite "hard" and were welded a bit at a time. They were then re-heat treated and I had the chambers touched up with the flycutter to make sure every thing was flat and square.

They are a 1.4 rocker. My total lift is only .620 and a bunch of duration.

The heads and cam are for turbo use.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 03:22:04 am by Marty » Logged
58vw

« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2008, 18:24:15 pm »

looking good marty

www.4inbore.com
ugly duckling

« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2008, 05:16:41 am »

the war zone.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »