The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:02:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350737 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Easter Thunderball Santa Pod
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Easter Thunderball Santa Pod  (Read 1632 times)
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« on: March 30, 2010, 02:32:06 am »

Anyone coming?

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_easter.php

15 car classes and 6 bike classes. If that's not enough to tempt you, then Peter Andre will be performing on Monday
(Oh Santa Pod you are really spoiling us)

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_entrylist_easter10.php

Rich Merriman will be in VW Pro with his impeccably prepared turbo'd Type IV Late Looker along with the likes of Ian 'Huggy' Huggan (NO2/Turbo Legacy engined bug) Matt Attwood (insane rear Supercharged V8 Fasty), Dave Bridge (1776 GP Buggy, moves up from Sportsman after some head/carb mods over the winter) Jacob Bailey (rare Mk2 Jetta Coupe) and James Hodson (10-second Mk2 Golf)

I'm in VW Sportsman, although my heads are still at the machine shop so I'll be campaigning my daily Mk2 Golf GTi. I'm joined by 2 of last years Rookies returning; Dean Clatworthy (1776 'Burner') looking for his first '15', and Paul Phelpstead has had to let his cal-looker go and so comes back with a 2 litre Golf. Abi Tether comes back with yet another car, this time a Fabia VRs, and Dennis Cox brings back his old favourite 'Panick Attack' 1641 turbo Buggy. Another 'old' favourite Paul Herbert will be showing us all how it's done in the wedge-chopped Fantom, proving you don't need to go big in cc to run small numbers, this car is a proven 12-second car with a measly 1679cc. We have 6, yes 6 Rookies, so please give them a warm reception;

Alex Hill - The Arrow, 1914cc Bug with some neat 80's touches
Sam Young - Black Current - you've guessed it, runs on electrickery.
Andy Voce - VR6 Corrado
Russ Walker - Nitruss Racing - Mk2 Scirroco - this guy's really been burning the midnight oil to get this project finished in time.
Matthew Bennet-Sime - Gruner Wolf - Mk1 VW Derby, Old Skool polo with a mouse engine on twin 40's, should be fun
Rhonda Callaway - Golf  - 'Kow in the Sacky' - I've really no idea what that's all about Huh

Qualifying starts Friday am through to Finals Monday pm, if you come along, come and say hi.

Russ
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:55:20 am by RUSS74GHIA » Logged

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 19:08:15 pm »

Aircooled rules as both classes - Pro and Sportsman classes were won by buggies.

VW Pro had 2 VW pumpers, 3 alternate engine and Dave Bridge flying the a/c flag with his zero mile (well, it's now done 2) 2110 IDA motor'd GP buggy.
Dave stepped-up from Sportsman this year, shelving his 1776 and going with the bigger powerplant - this saw him into the mid-12s
It was a narrow victory, as Sam Young in the 'Black Current' electric beetle ran an 11.95 a PB with his foot off the pedal. I won't go into any more detail about this awesome car as I'm sure a full magazine feature will be on the cards soon

VW Sportsman had a heavier mix of a/c but still in the minority 4/5. Alex Hill qualified first with an hit a 17.06 PB in his B289 bug 'Arrow', Dean Clatworthy also set a PB of 16.08 in his 1776 gasser style bug 'Burner'. Pauly Herbert was in attendance in the lighweight wedge-chop, but without his race trans - so was limited to running 13.5s.
The win was eventually taken by the Dennis Cox in the PanickAttack Buggy - a curious motor - 1641 with a small draw-through set up, netting him some low 15s - but Dennis was tight to his dial-ins all weekend which eventually gave him the win.

We're back in business at Big Bang in a fortnight, and hope to catch up with some of you at Shakey for Springspeed on May-day weekend.

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: