the 40mm 12 sec black '67.. Dave Conklin thread....

<< < (2/17) > >>

Jim Ratto:
no matter valve size or fuel, your car hauled ass, Dave. The 12.30 on pump gas, you must be damn proud!  8)

deano:
Dave, as you will no doubt recall, you allowed me to take a spin in your car at Milan, and without a doubt, your 2276/K8/9.0/40mm combo had the best mid-range, and torque of any of those engine I have ever drove. As you say, brutal torque says it best. From 3500-4500, that engine flats gets your attention...

Cornpanzer:
Ha, I will never forget that  :D
I figured the only way I was getting my car back was if you ran out of gas or got arrested!  Seriously, what you said and Schwimmer  said stand out as the best compliments that ever got.  My Cal-Look heros dig my car...what more could you ask for!

Remember driving it to that party the night before Milan on the freeway with slicks and the line of traffic behind us getting shotgunned by the stones off of the tires?  ;D   Had no idea why nobody would get close enough to pass us.  ???

Here are a few pics.  1) shortly after I bought it (in 93 I think) I drove it for a summer with a 1600, 8-spokes and blade bumpers.
2) painted it in the garage with a lot of help from my dad.  15 years later, the paint is starting to fail  :'(  3) eeeek!  Polished 5 spokes  :-[

javabug:
I've said this before, but if there is one car that sits RIGHT, it is Dave's.  Of course the killer wheel/tire combo does not hurt.  Also, as far as the engine combo goes, once in a while I put on the OSV Carlsbad DVD and watch the few seconds with the engine lid up and the car idling/blipping the linkage.  For inspiration, of course.

The Ideaman:
Dave, I'm pretty surprised with the low compression it picked up anything with the "can".  Around the same time, we put some Propylene oxide into a low compression 2387, and it didn't do a thing except smell funny.  Other guys with high(12-13 to one) compression picked up 2-3 tenths.  Your car and the Palmers' were my favorites of the "Behind the orange curtain" tour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page