the 40mm 12 sec black '67.. Dave Conklin thread....

<< < (17/17)

Jos:
Maybe it's because you've been driving the '62 so much. It might be time to get back in the '67 and reclaim a little pep in your step!

also... if Berg is backlogged on the linkage let me know. I can pull one out of the stash for ya  ;D

Cornpanzer:
Jason at VW paradise started working on my engine. Goal was to have it together this weekend. Unfortunately inspection of the cylinder heads show the both of them are cracked from the combustion chamber through the ports.  Sad day. Those were such killer heads.  Honestly though, I’ve had them for nearly 25 years. And I bought them used off of another race motor. They certainly served their time.
New wedge ports  from CB are on order. It’s going to be a really different motor… I’m sure it will be fine though

karl h:
what kind of cam will you go with?

nicolas:
Quote from: Cornpanzer on November 25, 2022, 02:11:54 am

Jason at VW paradise started working on my engine. Goal was to have it together this weekend. Unfortunately inspection of the cylinder heads show the both of them are cracked from the combustion chamber through the ports.  Sad day. Those were such killer heads.  Honestly though, I’ve had them for nearly 25 years. And I bought them used off of another race motor. They certainly served their time.
New wedge ports  from CB are on order. It’s going to be a really different motor… I’m sure it will be fine though

damn... I feel for you. the whole fuzz about your car is 50% what you achieved with these heads  ;D but onward and forward. maybe this 'new' technology isn't that bad  ;D

good luck. I do hope the fk8 is still good

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page