The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 23:35:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350707 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Bitburg 9 October 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bitburg 9 October 2010  (Read 12639 times)
sven

« on: October 04, 2010, 19:27:14 pm »

I'm gone test this weekend in Bitburg, who else is coming?

Sven.
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 19:39:17 pm »

Well...

All depends on whether I get the car ready (or not). Some final things need fixing, but I have taken some days off of work to get them done. and then lets hope I haven't bought a cat in a bag. Or rather an anchor on a car.

One catch is that the car really needs to drive perfectly as I'll be doing its maiden trip Ghent-Bitburg, race and back. That'll put some stress on it. If not on the car at least on it will on me.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Crazy Mc.Stairs

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 21:39:56 pm »

Well...

All depends on whether I get the car ready (or not). Some final things need fixing, but I have taken some days off of work to get them done. and then lets hope I haven't bought a cat in a bag. Or rather an anchor on a car.

One catch is that the car really needs to drive perfectly as I'll be doing its maiden trip Ghent-Bitburg, race and back. That'll put some stress on it. If not on the car at least on it will on me.

Cool dude! I hope I can assemble my turbo engine by the end of the week and then Sven won't be the fastest Belgian anymore haha!

ciaoo

Christoph
vwcab

peter

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 22:12:25 pm »

Are you guys racing the whole weekend,from saturday on?
Or sunday only?

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
sven

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 19:30:41 pm »

All depends how much fun we have  Cool
mr horsepower

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 21:31:30 pm »

What happend with the engine dude?

gr henri

Well...

Cool dude! I hope I can assemble my turbo engine by the end of the week and then Sven won't be the fastest Belgian anymore haha!

ciaoo

Christoph
Brap Brap Brap

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 15:14:08 pm »

I will be there too.
After engine trouble (my first build) No Street eleminators, no DDD but now my engine sounds good. Time for the second smooth tests with stock trans and streettires.

Dirk
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 20:52:32 pm »

Well, no Bitburg for me to close the year (or start it in my case  Wink). The engine is in and performing like an animal, however I need to finish some odd jobs to be able to race.

Biggest hurdle to tackle is that the generator doesn't seem to charge  Sad Tomorrow I'll do some more testing of that thing and hope it is just the regulator. Next I need to get the front wheel geometry fixed, I'll just have that done as it is mighty squirrely right now. And finally, what is holding me back to race for sure is I need to weld in some safety belt mounting points. Oh, and get the battery strapped down so it doesn't slide all over the passenger side floor.

There is always next year!

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Crazy Mc.Stairs

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 22:21:49 pm »

Hi guys,

Just back from the workshop.. the blue GIMINI bug and my little black bomber are ready to rumble! Tomorrow we'll test and tune, so hope for the best! Wink

Cheers,

Christoph
Anders-DK

Less is more

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 19:11:05 pm »

Hi guys,

Just back from the workshop.. the blue GIMINI bug and my little black bomber are ready to rumble! Tomorrow we'll test and tune, so hope for the best! Wink

Cheers,

Christoph

Tell us  Cheesy how did it go?

Best Regards
Anders
The Priest Racing
PR-Chief Team Angora Racing
Crazy Mc.Stairs

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 21:12:55 pm »

Hi guys,

The first test was awesome, Sven did a 10.50 and I did without wheelybars 11.2 and a hughe wheely, so high that the parashutemount scratched the ground! The second run with wheelybars and a bit of slip on the clutch, a wheely of 70cm and a 11.00 sec. pass and 202km/h...then the last run perfect launch of 1.38 on the 60ft and when I came down and shifted to 2nd gear I lost control of the car and went several times sideways... I also drove the richt wheel into the grass and did 16 seconds then.. Wink

Cheers,

Christoph
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:49:04 am by Crazy Mc.Stairs » Logged
sven

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 21:32:34 pm »

A good picture tells more than thousand words, thank you mr. Maquoi.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 21:36:58 pm by sven » Logged
vwcab

peter

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 22:01:26 pm »

See you guys have a lot of fun.
Great pics btw.
 Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 20:09:44 pm »

You guys had a lot of fun. Perfect Weather. Perfect Times. Great Pics.

Done ? Not Yet.
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 15:59:33 pm »

I went yesterday to Bitburg. Not a lot's of Bug but I have seen a few runs of a new white race bug. Super nice car, very well done.
Good weather but ice cold wind!

Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 19:01:28 pm »

Wooow !!!

Done ? Not Yet.
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 21:39:04 pm »

I just upload a video.
Smoke is oil spiting on the exhaust.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5m91Yhqg-y0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5m91Yhqg-y0</a>"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5m91Yhqg-y0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5m91Yhqg-y0</a>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 21:43:00 pm by j-f » Logged
Crazy Mc.Stairs

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 21:59:27 pm »

Verry nice looking car!!! Congrats with that time!  Wink

Here are our runs...

http://proformance.skynetblogs.be/

Cheers,

Christoph
vwcab

peter

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 22:52:08 pm »

I went yesterday to Bitburg. Not a lot's of Bug but I have seen a few runs of a new white race bug. Super nice car, very well done.

Wow....that car is fast,and that for the first time out.I saw it @ DDD,but it didn't run there.
Thanks for the pics and video J-F.

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
vwcab

peter

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 23:07:22 pm »

Verry nice looking car!!! Congrats with that time!  Wink

Here are our runs...

http://proformance.skynetblogs.be/

Cheers,

Christoph
Hope to see your cars running next year.Nice wheelies and LOTS of power.Thx for the vid (en blijven oefenen) Christoph.   Cheesy

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Udo

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 06:29:04 am »

Wow....that car is fast,and that for the first time out.I saw it @ DDD,but it didn't run there.
Thanks for the pics and video J-F.

The 10,6 was the second run down the full 1/4 mile . The dyno testing one week before showed good numbers. But we do not run dyno numbers but time slips :-) . Hopefully we get some better times next year , Sven has to do some work on the car.

Udo

sven

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 19:11:51 pm »

I'm already busy, hopefully I'm not the only one.

Sven
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 13:45:21 pm »

Sven

The white one is also your car?  Shocked
vwcab

peter

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 17:42:57 pm »

Sven

The white one is also your car?  Shocked
I think there is a misunderstanding,that new white bug is from Germany,and the driver/owner is Sven Lawitschka.
So there are 2 Sven's with a fast dragbug at Bitburg.  Grin   Grin   (and I think that Udo was referring to him,.....)

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Airspeed

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 22:07:56 pm »

That one has a very BIG type 4 engine in it with Remmele heads if I am not mistaken  Roll Eyes
Like it! It runs the rpm's for sure! Excellent time as well. Well done 'other Sven'  Wink

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Udo

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 06:46:16 am »

That one has a very BIG type 4 engine in it with Remmele heads if I am not mistaken  Roll Eyes
Like it! It runs the rpm's for sure! Excellent time as well. Well done 'other Sven'  Wink

Sorry , no Remmele heads . They will not perform like that . I did some work on Pauter heads on that engine ...

Udo

Airspeed

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 22:51:22 pm »

Well, close but no sigar then  Wink
Nice work Udo!

Can he run a bit on the street as well with the Pauter heads?

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Udo

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 07:43:17 am »

That car is not for street use . The engine would be ok for driving on the street , but only a little . the injection works fine so there are not the problems like you have with carburators

Udo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: