The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 22:39:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350738 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The Cal Look Lounge WELCOMES Keith Goss ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Cal Look Lounge WELCOMES Keith Goss ...  (Read 22494 times)
johnl

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 17:03:49 pm »

The photo posted by Speedwell (Fabs), at the top of the page have people in it of importance to me. right to left ,  Mark Winbigler ,a former F.A.T.employee ,friend, & beer drinking award winner ,2 lg pitchers in approx. 7 seconds @ DVB vw club rally 1977 no spillage & a pizza parlour full of amazed spectators,well ok ,15 minutes later he lost a little  .L.O.L.  next, rather shady looking dude is Tim ,aka(" MINI ") Crane, Don Cranes DKP1 little brother next ,Kelly Malloney, old timers should remember MALLONEYS TIRE CO. old downtown Anaheim , next , Kent Goss ,my older-middle brother,her B.F.,next Guy Newhouse another former F.A.T.employee & friend is semi visible behind Kent , The Little blonde is Guys girl, the two guys in the white shirts and the one eyeing the engine I havent a clue, next, I believe is John Fawly of DVB vw club ,and if you look very close ,almost out of view ,is Jeff ,aka("EGGS") Benedict my friend ,who helped me build ("CHOPPED") and who later became BUG IN BEST OF SHOW WINNER himself.             Keith Goss    hey pacoima914 ,with any luck he will again!!!
I had to comment on this one when I saw "MALLOYEY'S TIRE".  My first set of Pirelli's came from there and I knew all of the guys well.  Remember "Don" the big guy that looked like "Mr. Clean"?  I've never see ANYONE change a tire a fast.
This was also the FIRST place I saw a VW with wheel adapters installed and four American Torque Thrust (Chevy bolt pattern).  The guy was selling the adapters to Malloney.  Last, this was a one minute walk from the original Schneider Motors.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 17:57:21 pm »

I remembered something else about Malloney Tire.  The original building was a "twin" built by one of the early tire companies like Firestone between 1910-1915 as memory recalls.  The other location was (is) at the northeast corner of Chapman Ave. & Harbor Blvd. in Fullerton just south of the old Fox Theater.  The Fullerton location in the 1960's was the home of Jess Tyree and his header company.  Today it is a mini mall, but still in the original structure.

Malloney's is long gone but was on the southeast corner of Chartres & Los Angeles St., now Anaheim Blvd.  Just one block north at Sycamore and Los Angeles was the original location for the Anaheim Mother Colony Home which was moved in the '40's or '50's to its present location on West St. just behind Anaheim High School.   http://content.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/kt4290196m/

A side note:  Next to the current location of the Mother Colony House is a HUGE tree.  When Walt Disney came to Anaheim to build Disneyland he saw the tree and it was the inspiration for the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house in the park.[/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Family_Treehouseb]
[/color]

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 17:58:49 pm »

Sorry, missed the tree house link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Family_Treehouse

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 18:03:39 pm »

Hey John, it's great reading all this – I know the area and the streets you're talking about pretty well, and it's neat to learn about what used to be there. Even in my relatively short 23 years of going to Orange County, so much of it has changed beyond recognition. I guess it's called progress… Embarrassed

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
johnl

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 18:31:20 pm »

Hey John, it's great reading all this – I know the area and the streets you're talking about pretty well, and it's neat to learn about what used to be there. Even in my relatively short 23 years of going to Orange County, so much of it has changed beyond recognition. I guess it's called progress… Embarrassed
Keith, so glad you are enjoying the input.  Yes, things constantly change and we never seem to appreciate what we had until it is no more.  I've learned to appreciate friends and family and the times associated with them as if you don't have those things you really have nothing.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.  Which car do you want to terrorize the OC streets with this time?   Wink Wink

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 19:15:56 pm »

Something BIG! Grin Grin

johnl

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 19:28:25 pm »

Something BIG! Grin Grin
So, should I introduce you to my neighbor lady, BIG BERTHA, or would just prefer to drive one of the Chryslers? Undecided Undecided

So.Cal.Life

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 01:59:58 am »

John , If Sueme rolls around in a Chrysler,it will need to be fitted with pedal blocks & telephone books.      Satin
So.Cal.Life

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:32 am »

Well ,its the weekend and my routine is to try to watch as many motorsports related shows on tv as possible, do the joke that is my lawn, weeds etc. When Monday comes around ,I think Ill change the oil & filter ,walk around the house & yard, and if nothing calls out for attention, I think Ill take a drive south.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 04:08:09 am »

Well ,its the weekend and my routine is to try to watch as many motorsports related shows on tv as possible, do the joke that is my lawn, weeds etc. When Monday comes around ,I think Ill change the oil & filter ,walk around the house & yard, and if nothing calls out for attention, I think Ill take a drive south.

Grin Grin  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 07:03:30 am »

John , If Sueme rolls around in a Chrysler,it will need to be fitted with pedal blocks & telephone books.      Satin
Why you! You're in deep doo-doo now! Cheesy

johnl

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 18:09:49 pm »

Actually, last time Keith was here and drove our '55 T&C wagon he did rather well.  I'm still trying to get those "High Heel" marks out of the pedals...........   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 18:38:09 pm »

Actually, last time Keith was here and drove our '55 T&C wagon he did rather well.  I'm still trying to get those "High Heel" marks out of the pedals...........   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
You never stop, do you. Yanks are all the same... It's not about size – it's what you do with it., OK?  Cheesy

johnl

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 18:55:01 pm »

You never stop, do you. Yanks are all the same... It's not about size – it's what you do with it., OK?  Cheesy
Is it true that you get a "childs" air fare due to your size?Huh??  If so, you should plan more trips over the pond annually.  Grin Grin

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 19:02:12 pm »

I despair, I really do...  Angry

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Kiss Kiss Kiss

TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 19:34:34 pm »

Keith,
You need to buy a modest house somewhere here in Texas ... then they wouldn't be able to give you Sh*t anymore ... LOL Grin
It'd be inexpensive too since you don't need a fridge to keep your Beer cold Wink
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 19:36:34 pm »

Keith,
You need to buy a modest house somewhere here in Texas ... then they wouldn't be able to give you Sh*t anymore ... LOL Grin
It'd be inexpensive too since you don't need a fridge to keep your Beer cold Wink
TxT
Now, I've become naturally distrusting of ALL of you, so not sure if there's some underlying plot here, or not.... Let me think about it for a while (over an ALE served at CELLAR temperature!).  Kiss

johnl

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 19:56:16 pm »

Now, I've become naturally distrusting of ALL of you, so not sure if there's some underlying plot here, or not.... Let me think about it for a while (over an ALE served at CELLAR temperature!)
Maybe it is "ALL" of us who are normal, well, you get the idea.  "CELLAR Temperature",  you don't need that as you are already a "Way to COOL dude".   Cool Cool Shocked

TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 02:06:20 am »

Keith,
TxT
Now, I've become naturally distrusting of ALL of you, so not sure if there's some underlying plot here, or not.... Let me think about it for a while (over an ALE served at CELLAR temperature!).  Kiss

Ale/Beer ... who cares after 3 or 4?! LOL
Next time I'll buy ya one ...
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: