The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 15:03:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The wildest burn-out/ride in a Cal-Looker....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The wildest burn-out/ride in a Cal-Looker....  (Read 5453 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: April 26, 2007, 16:03:46 pm »

Here I am, struggeling with a non working motor due to frigging lifters not being up to the task, sun is shining and girls get the winter clothing away. I am without wheels........So what kind of topic is needed. Like a walk on the wildside to get inspiration back!!!

So what is the wildest ride you have wittnesed.......inside or out............But Cal-Look done the whole distance!!!!  Cool
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 20:17:08 pm »

I'm sure Dyno Don was driving!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 20:25:18 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
deano

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 16:32:00 pm »

I once rode in a full-blown PRA Pro Turbo car on the street with Dyno Don driving. There was only one seat in the car, which Dyno was using! I sorta wedged myself between the roll cage and MSD box, so I wouldn't step through the aluminum floors. Dyno blasted down the street in front of his old house in Garden Grove, and I just hung on to whatever I could. Spooky fast and way quicker than I had ever gone, standing up in a car! Don't think I would ever do that stunt ever again.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 17:00:57 pm »

LOL Dean I Have Been for a few Rides with Dyno What A Nut!!!! I dont think I would ever get in another Car with Dyno Driving Again I dont think My Heart Could Take it Now I am older and Besides I might Soil My Shorts  its a Bitch Gettin Old!!!LMAO

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Roman

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 17:01:40 pm »

That reminds me of th ride I made when I made a for sale video of a friends type three turbo. We went 130 mph on wingding country roads without a passenger seat. I had one hand on the video cam and the other one trying to hold myself on the flat floor of the passenger seat area. The video was great, but I almost wet my pants. NEVER again!!!
Thomas 356

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 19:37:50 pm »

my  Wildest Ride was when i lost my olde racer the nasty gray  in 2006 ;(

first picīs was the last picīs of the car in good shape

15 sek later the car looks like SHIT

more picīs on my blog   the   http://www.thenastygray.blogspot.com

Thomas 356
Menber Of  Boulevard Cruiserīs
Driver of the Nasty Gray (Back In Fridolin style)
www.thenastygray.blogspot.com
Sarge

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 00:06:19 am »

Ah, Knowlwoods!  Back 2000 or 2001, there was a WILD burnout display in the parking lot at the end of the Berg Rallly.  Geof Petterson was down from Canada and torched the crap out of his tires...smoke was billowing up from under the FRONT bumper!  A host of others joined in...must have lasted 45 minutes before the Feds showed up! Cool.  Other then that display, Chestnut St out front of the DKP clubhouse saw plenty of roastings back in the day...165X15 Pirelli Centratos were the tire of choice coupled with pavement that resembled slick concrete made for some great tire carnage  Grin.

DKP III
larry mck

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 00:31:44 am »

I would agree with Sarge & Ratto that the Knowlwood's burn out display was one of the craziest. The cars lined up one after the other. I remember it well, tons of people right next to the cars doing the burn outs. If something went wrong it would have taken out quite a few drunks. The smoke was unreal!
Sarge

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 00:56:29 am »

If something went wrong it would have taken out quite a few drunks.

I take offense to that, McKenzie...... Grin

HEeeeYY, me two...BUUURPP! Grin

DKP III
larry mck

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 01:29:46 am »

You two were the ones holding on to the cars with no line locks. A beer in one hand and the other grabing the door handle. Cheesy
stealth67vw

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 02:54:23 am »

Do you guys remember Dee Berg yelling at Clyde to knock it off, so he pulled out of the "burnout box" until she walked away and circled back around for another go. It was friggin hilarious.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Sarge

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 16:53:58 pm »

You two were the ones holding on to the cars with no line locks. A beer in one hand and the other grabing the door handle. Cheesy

Naw, those were some other drunks...we were the one's that tripped and dumped our cooler full of water and brew that got the deal started! Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 17:13:23 pm »

A few years back, when Nick's was still Dairy Queen, a magazine came to do a story on DKP (can't remember the name of the mag, though).  They took lots of photos, then asked for someone to do a burnout.  Dave Mason was first to get his hand up (imagine THAT!)...jumped in his car and warmed it up a bit, then backed all the way up to the back wall or the DQ parking lot and let her RIP!  The best was trying to stop with cheesy old drum brakes before getting to the driveway and busy Orangethorpe Avenue... Shocked Grin

DKP III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: