The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 19:18:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  just found what looks like an old drag car on ebay!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: just found what looks like an old drag car on ebay!  (Read 18890 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 22:17:47 pm »

The Trailer is as Vintage as the Car LOL

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Russell

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 22:38:22 pm »

Si

Yes thanks its me and what a deal 2.01 USD to the £ today its fantastic and it was because of your post, i never look at ebay too much crap normally.

If all goes well it will be in new York next week for shippng to Uk and then in about 4 weeks will be here.

EBI ? Maybe !

Russell

Ps Guys thanks for the support.....

Best Regards

Russell
larry mck

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 04:51:08 am »

That's great Russell, your not showing any signs of slowing down. I don't think you could imagine you would have such great VW collection just three years ago. Keep it up, these cars deserve a good home. If you want,I know where the Stutt Bee is but the guy wants a lot of money for it.
Russell

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 07:48:15 am »

Larry

Yer i have been lucky (very) over the last few years but what surprises me is so many people all want to sell these cars, i can fully understand when they are older or unwell but most times this is not the case, it all surprises me that with the interest worldwide that more cars are not being kept in the US, most of you seem intent in selling your history which in my eyes is a great pity as its your history that we all love that has fueled the clubs, forums and the resurgenace in the whole era.

Like with this car on ebay it has a sad story the owner/racer has had it all his (the cars racing) life, however his buisness falls on hard times and along with other things the liquidator steps in with no feeling and sells everything to repay the bank. Im very lucky that Si posted the ad on the lounge as i most likley would have missed it or been too late, however I hope i havent stood on anyone elses toes to get it.

One guy actually asked me if i was bidding and pulled out when he new i was in order that maybe i could add it too my collection, no point in both of us competeing he said, one hell of a nice GUY a pure gent. (Thanks KOBUS)

Best Regards

Russell
Gunter

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 08:24:22 am »

That's great Russell, your not showing any signs of slowing down. I don't think you could imagine you would have such great VW collection just three years ago. Keep it up, these cars deserve a good home. If you want,I know where the Stutt Bee is but the guy wants a lot of money for it.

Hey Larry
it looks like Russell is coming to EBI with two trucks now LOL
do you know if Mark M and Ray S are joining you on the European trip Huh

regards all
larry mck

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 04:25:47 am »

Yes, Gunter Mark & Ray will be there. I'm sure we will all hook up for some drinks and BS.
larry mck

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 05:03:09 am »

Russell, Its hard to say why people here are not into the old race cars. I am and a few friends are, but no one with deep pockets to buy restore and have the space to store them. As you know I wanted to buy the Iguana but could not justify the price and was going to buy $um Fun but I just had bought the R&R car. I did buy the R&R Machine bug and am restoring it along with a mid 70s B/MC drag bug and my buddy Ray bought Fred's Super Bee B/MC. We hope to take them out together and do some match racing. It would be fun to have a racing class just for the old gassers. Sort of like the Der Renn Kafer Cup. Make 2-3 passes then show them.
Russell

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 07:10:49 am »

Larry

Me too, Im hoping that we can have Mouse Trap, Snoopy, Stage Fright, etc all racing against Race Shop Ghia, Iguana, Sum Fun, Blue Obssesion, Lil Snort etc, it would be so cool.

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Eddie DVK

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 11:43:03 am »

Richie,

good to see that another car with history is in good hands...
It is nice that someone who has (like it seems) enough money to buy everthing..
is in love with old vw s en drives them and brings them to shows...respect..

Kind regards Edgar

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Gunter

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 17:58:13 pm »

Larry

Me too, Im hoping that we can have Mouse Trap, Snoopy, Stage Fright, etc all racing against Race Shop Ghia, Iguana, Sum Fun, Blue Obssesion, Lil Snort etc, it would be so cool.

Russell

Hey Russell my collegue Helge (ho@csp-shop.de) is bringing Stage Fright to EBI is all is according to plan

thanks Larry see you for sure
Russell

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 22:31:49 pm »

Edgar

Enough Money ! No one has ever enough.......

its true what they say...

As us boys get bigger so do our toys

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
simon uk

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 11:19:37 am »

Russell, I think I have found another old car, I sent you a pm!

Cheers, Si.
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 10:30:08 am »

Edgar

Enough Money ! No one has ever enough.......

its true what they say...

As us boys get bigger so do our toys

Russell

Just picked up one of your new toys at hannover too Wink I am very very jealous Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Russell

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 18:15:42 pm »

Ben were you with paul ?

Best Regards

Russell
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 08:04:29 am »

Yes I was, 5 countries in 2 1/2 days. we left Hannover at 3pm tuesday and i got in bed at 5.30am wednesday! tried convincing paul that he should sell me the car!

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: