The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:30:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Whats this worth??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whats this worth??  (Read 2198 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: March 28, 2015, 08:10:03 am »

Have a 1987' Cal Caravan Dash Plaque, when my wife and I went on that caravan in her 68' Cal Looker. But what's the dash plaque worth, just curious... Roll Eyes

Ted 

VW Classic 2012
Prowagen

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 17:21:38 pm »

Never heard of the cruise/show myself, but for someone wanting it for period correctness I would hazard a guess at $20
Donny B.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 19:01:26 pm »

The '87 California Caravan was great.  My wife and I did it in my '66 and had a blast.  A number of cars didn't make it all  the way.  I recall seeing a primered Bug dying on the Grapevine.  I had no issues at all except for the Highway Patrol trying to control traffic near the end.  I didn't know they had dash plaques or I would have bought one.  My Caravan T-shirt has long since hit the rag bin.  I would say the plaque is worth much more than $20 to someone who made the trip.  My guess would be $50-100 for the right person.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
RichardinNZ

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 19:29:55 pm »

Wasn't one of the Caravan's featured in Colin Burnham's Aircooled Volkswagens? If not, it must have been in one of the UK magazines at the time (Custom Car or Street Machine)?

Richard, Auckland, New Zealand

'58 Bug; NZ assembled
Dual Carb 36hp
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:06:14 am »

The '87 California Caravan was great.  My wife and I did it in my '66 and had a blast.  A number of cars didn't make it all  the way.  I recall seeing a primered Bug dying on the Grapevine.  I had no issues at all except for the Highway Patrol trying to control traffic near the end.  I didn't know they had dash plaques or I would have bought one.  My Caravan T-shirt has long since hit the rag bin.  I would say the plaque is worth much more than $20 to someone who made the trip.  My guess would be $50-100 for the right person.

Thanks Donny, kinda figured at least that much, thinking about it. Wife and I had a blast, when we all met in that stadium I believe, then the helicopter picture. I think I still have that mag with that pic.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Donny B.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 14:49:03 pm »

Yep, there were 419 VWs in the picture at the end.  I did a panorama shot that took 7 photos pieced together to get it all.  Didn't know a soul but had a great time nevertheless.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: