The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:55:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  STOLEN!!!!!TOOLS/PARTS/ STOLEN STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: STOLEN!!!!!TOOLS/PARTS/ STOLEN STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9977 times)
deanosvws

OFF 24

« on: June 22, 2009, 00:55:18 am »

just came back from holiday today to find some wankers have broke into my workshop and nicked aload of tools and rare parts inc deano dynosoar ida maniflods, rockers covers pair of idas and more will list tomorrow as soon as worked out whats missing. if anyone hears of anything let me know on 07890-546824. cheers dean

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:44:41 am »

Man... that really sucks. Very sorry to hear about that. All thieves should be dealt with by removing their hands. Problem solved; no more crime from that individual.

Hope that you're able to recover your things.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Prowagen

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:59:30 am »

Crap! Sorry to hear that mate.
Bloody scumbags!

I will spread the word so if anyone I know here in kent gets offered the parts to let you know.

Cheers,
Rob.
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:10:35 am »

if i hear anything i'll let you know Sad

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:31:23 am »

Keep your eyes open at the EBI swapmeet... DDS stuff isn't easy to hide!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 08:34:00 am »

Sad Thats awful Deano, I'll keep my eyes peeled....

beetletom

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 08:46:20 am »

will keep an ear out.
nicolas

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 09:10:37 am »

Keep your eyes open at the EBI swapmeet... DDS stuff isn't easy to hide!

very true. i hope all off us can keep an eye on things for sale and hopefully fiend the b@st@rds who did this. not sure if cutting off hands will help, but i can't get my head around people taking stuff that is not theirs.
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:34:34 am »

I will keep an eye open for you on french add website
richie

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:08:30 am »

Dean that is a real c***, I knopw that feeling from having my own garage done over bug jam weekend 1 year,it has to be someone who knows what you had in there,the stuff taken is too unique for it to be a random kid or low life,good luck with getting it all back,

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:30:25 am »

I had a similar experience 10 yrs ago when my car was broken into the night before slough, they stole every piece of empi stuff i had.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
ESH

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:02:10 am »

Sorry to see this Dean.  Embarrassed

Whoever it is is utter scum.
Neil Davies

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 12:40:58 pm »

Dean, I'll put this on our local forum too, just in case anyone spots anything on ebay or at other shows when we're racing. Sucks dude. Angry

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 12:52:26 pm »

Sorry to hear that dude - That just Wrong! They won't be able to get rid of this kinda stuff very easily  Undecided

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Georg/DFL

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 15:10:23 pm »

That's a shame, Deano!

Especially because it must a fellow "enthusiast"  Angry

I will keep my eyes and ears open!

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 15:51:07 pm »

tha's sad to hear that  Undecided  , stupid guys are everywhere
I hope that you will find the lads who made that  Angry

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
cal-look 56

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 16:53:32 pm »

Good Luck.  I hope you find the cocksuckers that did this and get your stuff back.  Small world this VW stuff,  do they really think they will get away. Huh
Matty c

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 18:02:10 pm »

Angry sorry to hear that dean, keep your ears open & your peepers peeled people, lets just hope that these morons slip up!

67heaven
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 18:25:17 pm »

Shit this is not good Dean. Angry Cry

Hahaha your killing me.........
hector

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 20:29:51 pm »

spineless pricks il keep my eyes open up my end ,let me know if you need a hand sorting ANYTHING out mate

outlawflatfour.com farmers division
Adele AW

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 21:18:46 pm »

Thats real sh*tty !! We will keep an eye out 'Up North'... It amazes me the deceit in people these days Sad

O/FF 621
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 21:33:40 pm »

Hey Deano. Bad news and I feel for you Angry. Will keep my eyes peeled down in the South West for you and let you know if anything pops up down here.

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
deanosvws

OFF 24

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 00:21:11 am »

thanks everyone, believe me if i did get my hands on them ive got a few ideas. ive got a list of parts as follows: deano dynosoar parts
x1 pair of  ida manifolds, x1pair of rocker covers, front pulley, carb linkage. x1 pair of spanish ida's on comp elim manifolds with empi trumpets, with 175 main/55 idle 200 air and 40mm chokes. speedwell parts x1 nos amp gauge (powermaster), x1 speedwell 10,000rpm rev counter all black, x2 speedwell gauge rings in pakaging (black), 1st generation empi oil temp gauge, x3 stewart warner gauges elec oil temp/oil press plus senders, sterwart warner elec tester nos, k+l oil press & amp gauges, vdo revcounter 8,000 rpm chrome bezel with wood insert in the centre of the face, suntune sweep style rev counter, treuhaft 010 dizzy, scintila magneto with black vertex cap and leads, x1 pair of nos bullet mirrors(wingaurd), 60's blaupunkt radio, les leston steering wheel, vdm s/wheel, stock 60's s/wheel, hella bullet mirror, cal custom wood dash, cal custom wood window winders, cal custom gear stick chrome/wood, durachrome gear stick chrome/wood,x4 vee sport carb kit/timing light/ gear stick ext/wood knob, empi wood dash, empi camber comp straps, x1 pair of oval h/lamps, champion plug lead tester nos, x1 4 1/2  pie pan erco with moroso drag special tyre, new type 4 cb cam and followers, crank bearings k&s/mahle, nos vw cam bearings, new bugpack ida linkage kit, not sure if there is anymore yet. plus the tools that have gone.
cheers dean

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 00:36:46 am »

thanks everyone, believe me if i did get my hands on them ive got a few ideas. ive got a list of parts as follows: deano dynosoar parts
x1 pair of  ida manifolds, x1pair of rocker covers, front pulley, carb linkage. x1 pair of spanish ida's on comp elim manifolds with empi trumpets, with 175 main/55 idle 200 air and 40mm chokes. speedwell parts x1 nos amp gauge (powermaster), x1 speedwell 10,000rpm rev counter all black, x2 speedwell gauge rings in pakaging (black), 1st generation empi oil temp gauge, x3 stewart warner gauges elec oil temp/oil press plus senders, sterwart warner elec tester nos, k+l oil press & amp gauges, vdo revcounter 8,000 rpm chrome bezel with wood insert in the centre of the face, suntune sweep style rev counter, treuhaft 010 dizzy, scintila magneto with black vertex cap and leads, x1 pair of nos bullet mirrors(wingaurd), 60's blaupunkt radio, les leston steering wheel, vdm s/wheel, stock 60's s/wheel, hella bullet mirror, cal custom wood dash, cal custom wood window winders, cal custom gear stick chrome/wood, durachrome gear stick chrome/wood,x4 vee sport carb kit/timing light/ gear stick ext/wood knob, empi wood dash, empi camber comp straps, x1 pair of oval h/lamps, champion plug lead tester nos, x1 4 1/2  pie pan erco with moroso drag special tyre, new type 4 cb cam and followers, crank bearings k&s/mahle, nos vw cam bearings, new bugpack ida linkage kit, not sure if there is anymore yet. plus the tools that have gone.
cheers dean
Sure sound's like Somebody knew just what you Had? (inside job) or has been to your house or shop before it Sucks that there are People out there Ripping off  Others  If it was my Stuff and I found the Guy I would hang him by his Nuts

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
stealth67vw

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:34 am »

cheers dean
Sure sound's like Somebody knew just what you Had? (inside job) or has been to your house or shop before it Sucks that there are People out there Ripping off  Others  If it was my Stuff and I found the Guy I would hang him by his Nuts
X2. I hate thieves. If you know a few hard pipe hitting ninjas you best call them up and get out the blow torch.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 08:18:56 am »

Check all your clients dude !!!

If any parts come up grab the baseball bat!!

Rob
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 09:15:15 am »

Angry Angry Angry
Eddie DVK

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 19:48:47 pm »

Sorry to hear, but I know the feeling, ars.......

Happend to me 5 years ago, we(3 mates and I) had some very rare stuff for old alfa romeo s and peugeots and had almost everything double...
took us till now to replace everything and a lot of money, stopped counting, but you could built a cool bug from it...
and the police(the netherlands) did nothing about it..

Hope you get the bastards or your stuff back.

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
beetletom

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 20:28:45 pm »

like people have said, it must of been some cunt, who knew what the stuff was Sad

or just some pikeys weighing in 'scrap' metal??

exactly the same happened a few weeks back at the farm near me, took tools and parts.
J.Iniguez

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 01:27:06 am »

That SUCKS!! I know exactly how you feel and how angry you must be Deano,I hope your huntch pans out and DKK Fred, I agree with you 100%
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: