The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 19:13:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  When is Bug Run 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When is Bug Run 2008?  (Read 4941 times)
Prowagen

« on: January 25, 2008, 18:54:49 pm »

Hi all, just wondered anyone know when Bug Run at Mantorp Park is on this year? Been on their site but it just has te 2007 dates.

Thanks,
Rob.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 06:05:46 am »

Bug Run 25 is weekend 6-8 June.

Magne
Prowagen

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 18:46:30 pm »

Thank you Mags, what is the drive like from Stockholm? Also which is the best airport in stockholm to fly to VST or NYO?

Thanks,
Rob.
62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 20:37:53 pm »

Hi Rob,

VST - ought to be Västerås Airport. Västerås is 115km west of Stockholm.
NYO - ought to be Nyköping (Skavsta) Airport. Nyköping is 100km south of Stockholm.

These are rather small airports, and not all international airlines has them as a destination point, if any I would say. The major airport for Stockholm area is ARN (Stockholm - Arlanda Airport). ARN is situated 41km north of Stockholm. Highspeed train (ArlandaExpress) takes 20min to get you to Stockholm City/Central Station.

If you plan to stay in Stockholm for some other sightseeing (apart from BugRun Meet) I'd say Arlanda is the airport to choose (VST and NYO do however cater some of the low-price airlines such as RyanAir). But it is about an hour drive to get to these airports from Stockholm.

Mantorp is 230km south of Stockholm. (In that respect Nyköping is closer by...). Drive is highway standard, on the E4. Max speed limit 110km/h (70mph). speeding by 140km/h and caught by the Police will see you loose your license at least for a Swedish citizen... Cool and set you back 4000SEK ($600). Undecided

Mantorp Raceway is just off the highway E4, to the right coming from Stockholm. Grin

Welcome to Sweden!

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
rebel

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 13:53:42 pm »

Who of you, Loungers is coming to Mantorp this year?

48IDA66

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 19:46:30 pm »

I will be there with some members of "KDP"....., and in my new car if everything turn out right...
rebel

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 20:10:39 pm »

hope so.

I'd like to meet you guys in person at Bug Run if I would't make it to the EBI2. Smiley

SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 21:57:31 pm »

I will be there.....for what it's worth. I am upgrading my stuff so I hope to gain some improvment.....and above all, meet a lot of cool friends!!
richie

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 22:17:48 pm »

I will be there.....for what it's worth. I am upgrading my stuff so I hope to gain some improvment.....and above all, meet a lot of cool friends!!

Changing to a T1 motor with gas?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh Cheesy Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Prowagen

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 15:35:39 pm »

Hi Rob,

VST - ought to be Västerås Airport. Västerås is 115km west of Stockholm.
NYO - ought to be Nyköping (Skavsta) Airport. Nyköping is 100km south of Stockholm.

These are rather small airports, and not all international airlines has them as a destination point, if any I would say. The major airport for Stockholm area is ARN (Stockholm - Arlanda Airport). ARN is situated 41km north of Stockholm. Highspeed train (ArlandaExpress) takes 20min to get you to Stockholm City/Central Station.

If you plan to stay in Stockholm for some other sightseeing (apart from BugRun Meet) I'd say Arlanda is the airport to choose (VST and NYO do however cater some of the low-price airlines such as RyanAir). But it is about an hour drive to get to these airports from Stockholm.

Mantorp is 230km south of Stockholm. (In that respect Nyköping is closer by...). Drive is highway standard, on the E4. Max speed limit 110km/h (70mph). speeding by 140km/h and caught by the Police will see you loose your license at least for a Swedish citizen... Cool and set you back 4000SEK ($600). Undecided

Mantorp Raceway is just off the highway E4, to the right coming from Stockholm. Grin

Welcome to Sweden!

Great thanks for the ,info, looks like NYO is the best then as I will be coming just for Bug Run, do you know if the airport has car hire from there?
62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 17:10:09 pm »

Great thanks for the ,info, looks like NYO is the best then as I will be coming just for Bug Run, do you know if the airport has car hire from there?

http://www.skavsta.se/en/content.asp?area=2&id=172

The name of the Airport (NYO) is "Skavsta". Looks like they got rental service. Or just hike out to the highway and put your tumb up!!  Cool

cheers,

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
Prowagen

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

http://www.skavsta.se/en/content.asp?area=2&id=172

The name of the Airport (NYO) is "Skavsta". Looks like they got rental service. Or just hike out to the highway and put your tumb up!!  Cool

cheers,

Thanks for all your help.

Rob.
GreenTom

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 18:55:13 pm »

Hope to meet You guys there Smiley, any one will have sare lounge T-shirts for sale Cheesy

So see Ya there (we will have some "Polish glass" equipment with us Cheesy)

Any one is going to go through Poland or from south of Sweeden on "fredak"(don't know the spelling Cheesy)?

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: