The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 15:13:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Whats going on in Britain?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whats going on in Britain?  (Read 4988 times)
Torgeir Schibevaag
Global Moderator

« on: September 20, 2008, 10:08:46 am »

Have been playing with the idea latly to bring my car over for next seasson... I`m doing up my 65 crew cab this winter and thats like setting fire to money... Embarrassed Embarrassed  but was hoping that i could afford the trip anyway...

Yeah yeah i know its a bit early, but i like to have something to look forward to.... Smiley Besides was hoping the idea would appeal to some of my friends in norway...

I live in Stavanger on the west coast and it makes it easy to bring the car over, maybe even easier than going to scc... but it would be great with some input on what`s good and what`s not...

I`m not necessary looking for the biggest show, but the best... and letting the old girl stretch her legs is the priority.... new engine going in this winter so big expectations for next year Grin Grin

regards
Torgeir
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:10:21 am by Torgeir Schibevaag » Logged

Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:28 am »

Torgeir, you've got to do some of the Outlaw Flat Four events! We race at a couple of MSA (Motor Sport Association) events and also attend some RWYB/open test events too, mainly at Shakespeare County Raceway. Ole with the Pink Panther and Udo Becker came over to race this season and California Spirit came to spectate.
Have a look on www.outlawflatfour.com at the Calendar and see where we were this year - I think we'll probably do much the same next year! Dates will be announced for 2009 after our AGM early next year. Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Udo

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:05:34 am »

The event in May this year was very good . Let us see that we can find an event like this and get all together !!! I think the englisch people know which is the best and we can all meet once a year at England on 1 outlaw event .

Udo

Torgeir Schibevaag
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:51 am »

The event in May this year was very good . Let us see that we can find an event like this and get all together !!! I think the englisch people know which is the best and we can all meet once a year at England on 1 outlaw event .

Udo

Great Udo.... this was kind of my idea with the tread...!!!

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 18:18:10 pm »

I would like to think that the Outlaws will be doing Gary's Picnic again next year. So the best thing is to keep a eye on the Outlaw web site and on here for updates. Would be great to see more of you guys over here having some fun with us lot.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Udo

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 20:50:29 pm »

So it will be Garry's picnic , scc and dragday  to cover all over europe  Cool

Udo
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 20:52:04 pm by Udo » Logged

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 21:31:42 pm »

What about the Hill Race in Italy. Cheesy

I'm liking the look of this one.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 22:37:54 pm »

hmmm... this is starting to sound like the start of an international race on different locations throughout a season :-)
and I like it :-D
I will definetly take the ferry over next year

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

ESH

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 08:55:12 am »

It's not possible to say for certain right now as things are yet to be set but going on the past couple of years Gary's Picnic is pretty likely to be on the calendar again and that's an ideal weekend for visiting as it has a cool mix of cars and the weather tends to be reliably better at that time of year so there's a good chance of two clear track days. It's a long way to come to drink tea in the rain.

As for the international race thing, keeping with the good stuff such as the likes of SCC, EBI & DDD there's probably the makings of something there.

Smiley
Ole

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 13:56:26 pm »

Count me in for Gary's picnic next year. It's been such a graet weekend!

Actually I have no idea if or where I'll have a job next year, but hey, somehow I'll make it... Smiley

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
Udo

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 18:51:43 pm »

Most important is that we meet on some events and have nice racing weekends  Cheesy
For racing challange we only need someone who can do the work on it  Huh

Udo

Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 20:37:37 pm »

Matt, " Drink Tea In The Rain " Now that would be a good name for a UK Band...

PS, Did I pay you for SCC Shirt or not? Just let me know. That beer we will have the third time on EBI i guess.
Cheers,
Harry

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: