The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:29:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350708 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  EMPI 69mm counterwigth crank!enny good?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMPI 69mm counterwigth crank!enny good?  (Read 2917 times)
vw1302

« on: March 17, 2009, 00:38:46 am »

Hi I'm new in Volkswagen's world
and I'm building a 1950 t1 engine whit a new counterweight crank 69 mm stroke!
when i ordered the crank, i wanted a bugpak crank that seemed rely good and whit a nice price!
i Had to Waite over two weeks to get the crank but when i took it out of it box it was an empi crank!!!
i call the seller and he sad that the empi crank was just as good as the bugpak one but if i really wanted
they cud take the empi crank back and send me a bugpak as i order,but the problem is that I'm really inpatients to get the car on the road agen
and are thinking on keeping tha empi crank!because if i want to change i have to Waite two more weeks!Anny one her that have experience whit empi cranks??
are they Anny good??
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:06:55 am »

I would send it back as you wanted a bugpack crank and they shouldent send you another crank unless they asked if you wanted it.

But i heard the empi crank isnt that bad though,for what use are you gonna use the crank,if its just some basic street occasional burnout the empi crank will do. Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
vw1302

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42:48 am »

Well it will be a ordinary street car,whit some red light race from time to time, nothing really wild
expect to get about 125 max hp.from it,i also forgot to write that it is forged from 4140 chromoly
and that the The crank are precision-ground, micro-polished, nitrated and balanced,i have ligthend
the flywheel so awry thing will be balanced one more time to get it in perfect balance,and the reason
I'm thinking on keeping it is that it will take me two more weeks and I'm really inpatients to get it back on the road!
but of course if it is no good then i will get the bugpak crank i ordered
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 13:58:55 pm »

I would say use the crank Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 14:16:49 pm »

I guess these cranks are manufactured at the same plant in china. Check them out yourself and use it.

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
bugnut68

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 16:52:16 pm »

I'd say support other companies that actually support the industry.  EMPI is a huge black mark on the VW scene.  And I wouldn't trust any internal parts from that outfit, given how crappy their cheap neat-o accessories are.  I say shop out a DMS or DPR crank.
james wotton

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 20:54:41 pm »

I'd say support other companies that actually support the industry.  EMPI is a huge black mark on the VW scene.  And I wouldn't trust any internal parts from that outfit, given how crappy their cheap neat-o accessories are.  I say shop out a DMS or DPR crank.
well said that man.  Wink

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: