The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 20:34:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350727 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Wheel bolts for Gas Burners
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wheel bolts for Gas Burners  (Read 1524 times)
drgouk

« on: June 29, 2009, 10:42:45 am »

Hello,
        I have just brought a set of genuine Gas Burners. I was going to buy a set of CSP drums in the porsche pattern, What wheel bolts are you guys using with this combo? The drums are threaded.
I would prefer a chrome bolt.
Or would it be better to just convert the CSP drums to press in studs and use porsche nuts?

Thanks
David
richie

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:50:51 am »

Hello,
        I have just brought a set of genuine Gas Burners. I was going to buy a set of CSP drums in the porsche pattern, What wheel bolts are you guys using with this combo? The drums are threaded.
I would prefer a chrome bolt.
Or would it be better to just convert the CSP drums to press in studs and use porsche nuts?

Thanks
David

David,
Yes,get the brakes converted and use genuine porsche wheel nut,if you want the shiny look the nuts could be polished or even chromed

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 13:06:08 pm »

I run with screw in studs and chromed steel nuts from machine 7

I am going to get some OG alloy porsche nuts when I buy some more. There is a guy selling chromed/ poilished alloy nuts on the samba .com if you want the shiney look $100 including shipping

A word of warning if you have dropped spindles, the burners seem a bit thicker than the 4 1/2 fuch wheels I was running and the leading edge of the lower ball joint was making contact with the inside of the wheel . A fix was to give the ball joint edge a little kiss with the grinder on the leading edge and to wind the front of the car a little

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 15:40:28 pm by rocket ron » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: