The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:12:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My '70 karmann ghia project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: My '70 karmann ghia project  (Read 24795 times)
Glauco

« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 20:19:26 pm »

yeah keep up the good work.

is that a 205 GTI i see in the background??? love to own one. have had two 205's but never a GTI... supercars, but not good to have an accident in.
yeah, it's my brothers, he has a 2 GTI's, the one you see in the back is a GRIFFE, it's a limited version, few are alive, and than a black one, with an MI16 in it, 170hp, fast as hell.
Glauco

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 20:23:25 pm »

allright! Keep up the good work, it's not very long anymore till DDD, better not make it to ddd and finish the car like you want, don't start cutting corners and it will work out fine...

Dem
If all goes well, and I hope it will, the part underneath the door (don't know how they say it in english) will go in tomorrow, I just cut it out, than I can put in mount, than the otherside and than she can go on her new chassis, and that the biggest work is done. not all the work, not in a long shot, but we'll see how far we'll get, I still have some time 'till DDD Wink
I hope I'll make it, but I'm not going to put in half work so we'll see  Wink
wolfswest

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2008, 21:53:14 pm »

yeah keep up the good work.

is that a 205 GTI i see in the background??? love to own one. have had two 205's but never a GTI... supercars, but not good to have an accident in.

Nicolas,  Glauco's brother has also a black one like he mentioned above...  It's equipped with a MI16 engine of a 405 GTI and some other sweet speedparts...  AND it's for sale for a bargain...  Okay, it's not Cal look but it's pretty fast  Grin  go for it  Grin  Grin

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
nicolas

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 09:44:03 am »

thanks for the info guys. keep up the good work. i sure want to know what a good bargain is, but i am very low on cash right now as i will collect the engine later this month.

see you guys soon

Glauco

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 15:35:22 pm »

here's a little update guys
if finished welding up some parts today, pretty impressed if I say so myself  Shocked
just hope the door will still fit  Huh
just ordered the rear section so this side will be completed soon, and then it's of to the other side, wich is in better condition, so that's a little motivation Wink
glauco
Glauco

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 15:37:30 pm »

here are some pictures of other parts I've finished earlier one
the backsidewindow and cutting out the dash, didn't put the new part in yet, I'm still searching for some meters first Wink
glauco
Glauco

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2008, 15:44:23 pm »

and last pictures for today, some parts I've collected (from my dad's collection  Grin)
realistic equalizer from the '80s, have the radio that goes allong with it too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, because I've got a '60s blaupunkt radio, allong with an '80s amplifier.
I also have a 8track and some woofers to go allong
last picture is one of my 3 empi 8spokes, this one is a 2piece, but doesn't have a logo, can anyone explain this? Huh
glauco
Neil Davies

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2008, 16:15:57 pm »

last picture is one of my 3 empi 8spokes, this one is a 2piece, but doesn't have a logo, can anyone explain this? Huh
glauco

I suspect that someone has polished the logo off! On mine the logos are still there but the corners aren't as sharp, but if it's 2-piece then it's genuine!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 16:25:14 pm »

glauco

I suspect that someone has polished the logo off! On mine the logos are still there but the corners aren't as sharp, but if it's 2-piece then it's genuine!
i'm thinking the same  , because i've an 8 spoke without the logo , but on mine they drilled the hole on the logo ,if you look closely the lug hole is on the right of the screw of the center caps , and on mine the lug hole is on the left side of the centercaps screw error in the factory  Undecided

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Glauco

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2008, 16:50:09 pm »

glauco

i'm thinking the same  , because i've an 8 spoke without the logo , but on mine they drilled the hole on the logo ,if you look closely the lug hole is on the right of the screw of the center caps , and on mine the lug hole is on the left side of the centercaps screw error in the factory  Undecided
ok, thank's for the info, but the lugholes are eggshaped so I can't use it anyway, but the other 2 are in good shape, so I'll only need 2 or 3 more to have a complete set and a spare :p
Glauco

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2008, 18:59:12 pm »

some more progress made today, tried out the drivers door to make sure everything was in order, because after some messurements I came to the conclusion that the drivers door section was 1cm wider than the passenger, so after some pulling finaly got it right.
picture 1-3 shows with the door in, but without the part underneath the door, picture 3 you see where my dad needs to do some remodeling to the door Tongue
picture 4 shows after I welded in the first part and tried out the last part, don't mind the gap between the lower part and the door in de right half, it's not in place yet, still need to cut some parts off the body to make it fit correctly, will be something for tomorrow after work...
glauco
Glauco

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2008, 19:03:08 pm »

last picture for today, here you see the gap I had to close, here it's already better then in the beginning, at first I couldn't even close the door, the hook didn't reach the receiver, now everything works like it should work Smiley
I'm happy with the progress to be honest  Grin
glauco
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 19:40:04 pm by Mr.Oldskool » Logged
Glauco

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2008, 20:51:09 pm »

just had a cruize with dem in his bug to classic vwparts, a local aircooled vw shop to pick up the (hopefully) last weld-in pieces and bought myself an empi shifter and a original '80s kamei-console, it's ok for 4 meters, hopefully it will look nice Smiley
glauco
wolfswest

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 22:31:45 pm »

the console in leather look is realy nice for an 80-ies concept, go for it. 

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Glauco

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2009, 09:26:58 am »

wow, it's been a while sinds I posted here  Shocked
to be honest, untill last week I didn't do to much workinghours on the karmann, have been busy on another car in the driveway all the time  Angry
for a little update, welding is almost done, I hope I can put in on the chassis somewhere these weeks, if I find the time..
I'm also going to look at a 67 beetle one of these days, maybe I'll go home with that, so I can drive around this summer Cheesy
that's it for now, I'll try to put in some photo's asap!
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2009, 12:54:19 pm »

nice kamei consol
Glauco

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2009, 13:28:16 pm »

nice kamei consol
thanks!
I guess it will look great in the karmann Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: