The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:44:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  94x64
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 94x64  (Read 14637 times)
Steve D.

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 00:28:35 am »

44ifs are good enough to make 180+ hp- save yourself some $$ and don't go with a 48mm carburetor.

*if you have some 48's taking up space in the garage, or want to upgrade the motor later, 48's could be a rational decision on a 1914- just saying 44 webers and 45 dells are good for WAAAAY more h.p. than people think.

Über Alles

5 tracks, 5 days, 1000+ miles.
10.77 avg. on pump fuel.
238I
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 01:01:01 am »

44ifs are good enough to make 180+ hp- save yourself some $$ and don't go with a 48mm carburetor.

*if you have some 48's taking up space in the garage, or want to upgrade the motor later, 48's could be a rational decision on a 1914- just saying 44 webers and 45 dells are good for WAAAAY more h.p. than people think.

True, but it depends on the volume and the rpm the engine is living at. Tiny engines need relatvely big carbs to deliver high end hp, and the other way around for big engines..
The reasons for this is unclear to me, so if someone knows exactly why I would love to hear it.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Project_X

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 04:17:00 am »

Well Ive talked to Bewitched a couple times and hes told me about his 1679cc he has.It makes about 100hp and he says its pretty quick for what it is.
He has this done to his motor:
69 crank c/w
Engle w125 cam
CB 044 heads with 40x35.5 ss valves
Fully ported and polished by Pat Downs
Berg double springs
Titanium retainers
lashcaps
1:25 rockers with solid shafts
swifelfeet adjusters
case is full flowed
26mm oilpump with full flow cover
chomo pushrods
CB standard lenght clearanced con.rods(stronger bolts)
12 lbs flywheel
Berg equalizer pulley
009 with pertronix elec.ignition
40mm Dellortos

Id run bigger carbs, diff cam,and 1.4:1 rockers, and have some VW cast heads p&p by DRDracing.
DRD has a Level 3 and a 5 Port job I might get.Which do you guys think would be best for a 1679cc?

DRD Level 3:
For use on VW stock Dual port heads
This style of head porting is for a street car/ off road car with a increase of approx 30% more than stock hp and flow.
 Power output, depending on your combo, power ranges from 75HP to 125HP.
 A full port and polish, small  port, combustion chambers reshaped, intake manifolds matched, fly cut for
 compression, comp valve job, springs shimmed to your cam and rockers, and flow bench tested. This port combo retains bottom end torque, with excellent mid range and high end pull to 6500 rpms and increased
fuel mileage. For use on stock vw castings with stock  intakes an stock exhaust valves.
 Recommended mild cams shafts and mild lift  .400 ~.450 numbers at the rockers.
Flowchart:
http://www.drdracingheads.com/l3fs.html

DRD Level 5
For VW heads or 044 Dual Port Heads
This style of head porting is for a street car/ off road car. Power output, depending on your combo,
power ranges from 145HP to 175HP. This is are best selling package.
A Full port and polish, small D port, 60 CC intake port volume, combustion chambers reshaped, intake manifolds.
matched, fly cut for compression, comp valve job, springs shimmed to your cam and rockers, and flow bench tested
This port combo retains bottom end torque, with excellent mid range and high end pull to 6700~7000
rpms  on pump gas.
For use on vw castings/ 044 castings with 40mm intakes and 35.5mm exhaust valves.
Recommended mild cams shafts and mild lift  .450 ~.550 numbers at the valves.

And there at a good price too.Id like to go with the Level 5 but I don't know if thats overkill.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:25:50 am by Project_X » Logged

Thinking outside the box? hmm...I dont wanna play in the box no more, so Im stepping out for a while..
Aircooled for a reason, waters for boats!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: