The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 16:48:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350724 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Werks Berg Lexan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Werks Berg Lexan  (Read 9883 times)
werksberg

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:47:54 am »

Hey guys.....I'm here!

IMO never use screws to hold in the PC windows as they will vibrate out and get into the thin tread tires. Use Pop Rivets.

The only pieces needing to be trimmed on my Ghia kits are the doors as I have seen some Ghias with up to 1/2" difference from side to side on the same body. That is why my doors are 5/8" taller than needed.

My Ghia kits have extra alum with rubber trims for the 1/4 window to the door window stop flush mounts....use pop rivets or bolts with nylocks nuts to attach the short pieces to the 1/4 windows with alum squeezing the rubber to the PC window.

The 1/4 windows bottoms are beveled to rivet direct to the body and included alum angles rivet to the body and 1/4 window rivets to them.

There's 2 extra long alum and rubber strips that attach to inside the roof at the top of the door windows to act as a cushion stop up there. Use those short screws there...

But then there are PLACED stick on labels explaining all this with the kit.

The front and rear are just tape into place, look at the angle you need to drill the 1/8" holes for the rivets and go to town....

I make 1 set of Ghias windows to maybe 100x Bugs....
MeXX

World record holder 8.733 @ 255.658

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 09:23:20 am »

Trond,

I see you are heading towards an 8 second run, has that been done before with a non turbo flat four door car? Perhaps yours is the fastest nitrous door car already?

Peter

Dear Peter

You R right is has not be done yet but it will be done next year.
No the fastest car yet is the Lucas oil Ghia from Roger Crawford (9.08@146mph)

MeXX

Drag or Die
Peter Shattock

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 14:13:31 pm »

Mexx,

You certainly don't look to be short of effort, but you will know better than most that a 10th or two at your level is a big margin, but if it were easy everyone would be doing it...

Regardless it's always good to see someone trying to break records!

I hope all your hard work pays off.

Peter

The fastest beetle in the village
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: